Change in behaviour of workspace page when not logged in

steve_dunn2

<p>OK, I know that sounds weird - what use is a workspace page when not logged in - but bear with me for a sec and it will make sense.</p>

<p>I've bookmarked the workspace page (http://www.photo.net/pvt/home). Previously, here's how it worked:</p>

<ul>

<li>If not logged in: prompts me to log in, and then returns me to the workspace page.

<li>If logged in: displays my workspace page

</ul>

<p>This makes it convenient: one bookmark that takes me where I want to go regardless of whether or not I'm logged

in, and automatically prompts me to log in if necessary along the way. It saves clicks.</p>

<p>For the last couple of days, though, this has been broken. It works if I'm logged in, but the page it redirects

to (http://www.photo.net/register/sign-up?return_url=%2fpvt%2fhome.tcl&x=1319728288) is a 404. Interestingly, on the

404 page, if I click "Sign in", then sign in, it also takes me to a 404. It looks like something has broken in

the code that handles "Oops, he's not logged in, let's get him to log in and then redirect him back to where he

wanted to go." (And the existence of that code shows that the good folks who set this up recognized this as something a user might legitimately find useful. See? I told you it makes sense!)</p>

<p>Hi Steve, if I understand what you are describing, and I probably don't, it seems that what you were seeing when not logged in was a page from your browser cache. I tried to duplicate what you did, but with having my browser set for "InPrivate", and I was also taken to the 404 page when I clicked on my bookmark. After logging-in I was still at the 404 page (this seems normal to me) and then could continue to my Workspace. Again, this seems normal. Regards.</p>