px 625 adaoter for canonette 28

<p>I read and searched on ways to power my old cameras with hearing aid 675 cells, and for most it is a good work around.,<br>

But the canonet 28 uses a flanged 625 cell fitting in a slot.<br>

does someone sell or suggest ways to make an adapter.<br>

I am not interested in the chris adapter ( expensive)<br>

and I am aware of the KIT to adapt a hollowed out 625 case.<br>

I have tried alunum foil<br>

even the heavy foil from the top of a coffee can.<br>

but somehow the connection is intermittent.<br>

any thoughts?<br>

there MAY be larger flanged 625 zinc-air cells - but I have never seen them<br>

I also believe as new hearing aids replace the ones that use the small button 675 cell.<br>

the avilability of zinc-air 675's will decrease.</p>

<p>If you use a 625A you can make the necessary adjustment for the day you will be using the camera. Let's say you are usng 100 speed film and a camera with a reliable reading shows 1/125 @ f/5.6. If the Canon shows f/8, just set the ASA dial to 50 and shoot for that day.</p>

<p>the wein cells would have to be ordered or I would have to travel at a cost of $20.00<br>

( honestly- that what it costs in gas to go to allentown or wilkes barre)<br>

Do they even make a flanged style wein cell?<br>

I would prefer some kind of metal "dish like thing that would work with the button cells<br>

the canonet contacts the edge of the cell. the brass adapter sounds ok.<br>

we made ash trays in 1947 in summer camp by poundin aluminum and copper.<br>

maybe that would work.<br>

My next project will be to see if a shotky diode can be added inside a miranda sensorex.<br>

I have to start using that film that was sent to me eons ago.<br>

At least I have the chemicals here.</p>

<p>I had no trouble using the 675 zinc air hearing aid batteries in my Canonet 28 and GIII QL17. The spring tension of the battery compartment contact was snug enough to maintain consistent electrical continuity. Same with my Olympus 35 RC - the battery compartment has enough spring tension to work without an adapter for the smaller diameter, slightly thinner 675 button cells.</p>

<p>If the battery compartment contact lacks sufficient spring tension, try pulling it out slightly with a toothpick or other non-conductive object. Sometimes that's all it takes to ensure consistent contact for the smaller 675 button cells.</p>

<p>So far the only camera I've used that need an adapter was a Canon SLR, either the FTbn or TX, I don't recall offhand. I had to use something like a non-conductive O-ring to keep the 675 zinc air hearing aid batteries in place.</p>