EF 50mm f/1.2 or Costa Rica

anthony_bridges

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>You might be able to find a Nikkor 55mm f/1.2 lens and a cheap adapter, and have both.:)<br>

With your other lenses, I think the manual operation of the f/1.2 lens would be jes' fine for the cases where you need that bokeh and speed.</p>

<p>Otherwise, another vote for the tree frogs.</p>

<p>Apparently, people here are not photographers. How can a true photographer resist the feeling of dense brush metal of the 50 f1.2 against bare skin in a cold dark winter's night? Not to mention the intense satisfaction of holding a lens the size and weight of a small water melon and the fascination of looking into the myriad glass reflection calling your soul to sink deeper and deeper into the abyss.<br>

The lens all the way for me.</p>

<p>I'm not a fan of the f1.2 lenses in the first place... they're heavy, slow and just excess baggage unless you're shooting at f1.2 in which case you have paper thin DOF. How many white picket fences do you really want to shoot, or portraits that look like everyone else's that made a similar overpriced purchasing decision? If you just want a purchased effect buy a lensbaby or two for much less.</p>

<p>But travel? Now you're talking, real life experience as opposed to equipment fondling?! This one is a no brainer and the easiest Pnet question to answer that I've seen!</p>

<p>Take the lens and enjoy smooth bokeh around your house. Bokeh is to be found everywhere you can get it not even moving from your armchair. Photograph your toes with smooth f1.2 mush around them, and there is coffee cup on the table, donut crumbs on the floor, fuzzy balls of pet or human hair, dry leaves blown in from the outside, pizza boxes, shower curtains...really there is no reason to leave the house.</p>