New Subscriber

gilliebg

<p>Hallo from Florida! I am confused about posting pictures to categories, or even how to find them. The categories listed on the home page do not cover everything; can one post to seascapes, for example and if so, how? Any new site is confusing at my age, so help would be appreciated :)</p>

<p>Hi, Gillie, and welcome to Photo Net. The first thing you need to do is read the posting guidelines at:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.photo.net/photo-posting-guidelines">http://www.photo.net/photo-posting-guidelines</a></p>

<p> Then, go to "My Workspace" in the upper right hand corner of the screen, scroll down and select "Manage Your Portfolio", then "Add Images To Your Portfolio". Start with the Basic Single Image Uploader first until you are comfortable with the procedures. Notice there are other options on that page as well. That should get your started on the learning curve...</p>

<p>Thank you! I had read the link and posted a couple of trial pictures to my portfolio, but I still don't understand how to get them into categories; does tagging do it? I have a lot of bird pictures; how do I put them into a 'wildlife' or 'waders' category? Or do I make folders and name those, and do pictures from those folders then join others of the same type?</p>

<p>you can create your own gallery folders and choose the names for them. The only preset categories in PN are selected when you request critiques for your photos. (Click on an image and open the Photo Admin tab.) Not sure about requesting ratings - I don't do those.</p>

• 4 weeks later...