Where can I find a 3° degree grid spot?

rob_h5

<p>I have looked everywhere but I can't seem to find this hard-to-find light modifier. The closest I could find was 10° and 5° grids but even those where difficult to find. I shoot with Bowens lighting, so this is for a standard 7" reflector. Even Bowens only offers a 20° grid as the most narrow so anything more narrow is from another lighting system/company. Thanks in advance for your answers!</p>

<p>Delta 1 makes a kit of 4 grids for 7" grid reflectors, including a 5º ... $89. @ B&H</p>

<p>I have a 3º, but can't for the life of me remember where I got it ... I've had it a really long time. </p>

<p>Maybe consider a Bowens BW1888 Snoot with a Bowens 1/4" Honycomb Grid if you are trying to really highlight a small area.</p>

<p>-Marc</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks Marc. The 3° grid spot is just really hard to find, the only one I found they dont even make it anymore. I am familiar with the Bowens snoot but it wont work for my style of photography. I heard about Delta 1 and I did look before at the their website and the 5° grid is the closest I could find there. Like I said 5° and 10° grid spots are all I could find anywhere. The only 3° grid spot I could find is by Speedotron and they don't even make that anymore.</p>

<p>3° Grid Spot (not available)<br>

<a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/50286-REG/Speedotron_14611_7_Honeycomb_Grid_3.html">http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/50286-REG/Speedotron_14611_7_Honeycomb_Grid_3.html</a></p>

<p>Marc- thanks for the tip. I did check out that site. The 3º grid spot is something I would use once in a blue moon, so I will just sandwich 2 X 5º grid spots like Joseph suggested or just rent. It would be too much trouble and too expensive to custom make. If I run across one used and its cheap I'll snag it. I have seen photography rental places that have the 3º grid spot.</p>

I have, but rarely use, the 7 inch diameter 3 degree Speedotron grid spot. More often I use this 7 inch diameter flat

plate Balcar made that can be used either as an umbrella reflector on Balcar heads or as an angle reducing ring with

any 7 inch diameter grid spot.

Also check out the Chimney from http://www.plumeltd.com it a 7 to 8 inch deep matte black reflector that accepts 7

inch diameter grids on the front end. Add a narrow angle grid and one of the Balcar ring plates I just described and

you get a very tight column of light.

• 10 months later...
<p>Hi, it's Nick here from HoneyGrids. Here's a useful but shameful self promotion... In the next couple of weeks we'll be making an aluminum 4 degree grid. I haven't seen the 3 degree grid Speedotron used to make but I bet it was very similar. The grid we'll be making is 1" thick and cell size is 1/16" so it's a true 4 degree grid. Anyway I hope someone finds this post useful!</p>