High definition bugg

richard_olsson

<p>I am having a headache trying to fix this stabilization of my HD camera when shooting boat videos as well as bicycle videos. Any suggestions on a small support tripod with built in stabilizing system (hand-held)?? The videos come out shake like this and it is quite annoying:<br>

<blockquote>

<p><em>"Any suggestions on a small support tripod with built in stabilizing system (hand-held)?"</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Richard, you can <em>mostly </em>stabilize the camera shake with just a tripod.</p>

<p>Simply mount the camera on it and hold the entire assembly at the center of mass using your shoulder, elbow and wrist joints to compensate for stability. Your body will instinctively act to decouple the boat's motion. </p>

<p>Think of it as running with an egg on a spoon. </p>

<p>Thanks Michael, but that is close to what I am doing in the video – I am holding it directly in my hand. I am searching for some kind of product with which you have the cam attached to a shock absorber like the ones in the cars next to the coils, but I have not found any... Maybe the weight of the cam is too small to work with a oil-based absorber..? I have no clue why there is nothing like this for sale. Do you have to build it yourself?</p>

<p>Richard, what I was describing is something like what's in the video below, but there are many variations one can use. What I suggested is to simply hold the tripod at the center balance point:<br>

<a href="

<p>There are two basic stabilization methods - active (or electronic) and passive (or mechanical). Mechanical methods can be as elaborate as a <a href="http://www.steadicam.com/">SteadiCam</a> or as simple as a tripod as above. </p>

<p>Active systems tend to be more complex and costly, usually employing gyro-stabilization as parv eluded to in his comment. Some have built their own using hard drives as spinning gyros and reported success but I've not experimented with it.</p>

<p>The problem with your application is the unpredictable and wide range of shake frequency dependent on how choppy the water is, motor vibration, wind velocity, etc. </p>

<p>I know of no simple commercial device that will do a credible job for your application. The easiest solution might just be the tripod trick. </p>

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...