Museum Wants My Photos

danlegere

<p>Dan, that is interesting, but I would still beware, especially since they are in another country. I can understand you not wanting to share the name of the museum for a couple of reasons, but unfortunately nobody can give feedback on the museum since we don't know the name. I guess by now you have googled the museum's name along with the word ''scam'' while you were digging around.<br>

Your situation made me think of a past situation. I was contacted by a company that claimed they were from Sweden a couple of years ago. Their contact number was also from Sweden. They wanted to use a couple of my sports photos (asap) for a magazine cover and banners to promote an event. I asked them how they found out about me and they actually saw my photos here photo.net or so they claimed. They wanted me to send the high res images, but after I tried to get info a couple of times about payment and they ended up telling me thank you, but time ran out and they went another route. I never found out if it was a scam or not. They never asked me for money, but wanted my images.<br>

Funny story- I was invited to show my work at our local museum over 30 years ago, but it was just a small side exhibit. Photography was just a hobby back then and I did the show hoping for some exposure. My mom was so proud and wanted to see the show. One day I took mom and an aunt to the museum. They stood by my photos and whenever someone would walk by mom and aunt (acting like art critics) would start talking about how great my photos were. They kept his up for over a half hour. I wish I had video of that :-)</p>

<p>I think the photos were for sale, but I am positive I did not sell one photo:-( </p>

• 4 months later...
<p>Not sure if this is too late to be of use, but I figured since I found it searching "a museum wants my photos" someone else might as well. I notice the common though in these posts is don't do it. But i have been emailed by 5 separate museums, and i have displayed in all of them. The first time, I was not a noted photographer though that has changed in part to my exhibits with them. Though you should be weary like many here have said, DO NOT let the opportunity pass you by. This is the way some careers are made. It may be that you are better than yourself or others have ever cared to see. Research it thoroughly but don't dismiss it.</p>