Canon Thursday Photo 2011: #38

nathangardner

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>

<p>And I have a suspicion that even though we're in the same time zone, we're rarely awake at the same time!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Thanks for the comment on my photos. Regarding the line here that I took from your post, please see<a href="../off-topic-forum/00U4FR"> this thread.</a></p>

<p>Really some great images this week everyone. So far my favourite has to be Jeff Palmucci's B&W, very nice lighting, you'll have to let us know how you did on the assignment </p>

<p>Not this week however stumbled upon a completely covered marker under a tree while out shooting in a local cemetery (nope, didn't see Jeff Spirer! it being daytime and all). I don't think anyone had seen this little guys grave in some time, made me want to capture an image although I'm not sure what I'll do with it.</p><div>00ZN43-400823584.jpg.62d3dfd041853cd4ed5737a7556877df.jpg</div>

<p><a href=" Ashley & Isabella src="http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6179/6167728550_bbd63af067_z.jpg" alt="Ashley & Isabella" width="427" height="640" /></a></p>

<p><strong>Isabella and Ashley<br /></strong></p>

<p>Camera: Canon EOS 7D<br />Lens: EF-S17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM<br />Exposure Program: Manual<br />Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125)<br />Aperture: f/10.0<br />Focal Length: 50 mm<br />ISO Speed: 100<br /><br />200ws strobe with a 24x24 softbox camera left as key light,<br />200ws strobe with a 48" octagon softbox directly over the models as overhead light,<br />200ws strobe shooting through a white shoot-through umbrella camera right as a fill light.<br />Triggered with a wireless RF trigger.</p>

<p>Have tried to take a picture of water drops on the spider web inside forest. It could be a better shot but all was in haste, it was supposed my sister and I were walking in the forest but I constantly should switch from walking to jogging. </p><div>00ZN5s-400843584.jpg.9dd0bc179e7eb803edf51eb05e8aa2fa.jpg</div>

<p>Hi folks, late shoot last night. Photo of Rob Norman playing the President at dress rehearsal for The Langhorne Player's Benefit, "Showing Off". Their theater had gone through two floods this month. </p>

<p>Canon 40D, Sigma 50 mm, f/3.5, Shutter Speed 1/40 sec, ISO 400</p>

<p>This shot is larger in my portfolio if anyone would like to see it larger.</p><div>00ZNBT-400909584.jpg.42e7b2f80312f4be3ca7690e6e2ccc43.jpg</div>

Cheers, Mark

<p>It's been a while (and I'm late!). I had no computer for a while, but I'm back now. Here is a shot I took last weekend with my 5D, EF 24mm f/2.8 lens and a polarizer while driving through the Alberta prairie:</p>

<p><a title="Little shack on the prairie (colour) by Dillan K, on Flickr" href=" Little shack on the prairie (colour) src="http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6089/6157315221_3ebd9fceb8_z.jpg" alt="Little shack on the prairie (colour)" width="640" height="427" /></a></p>