Which new body would you want NIkon to introduce first?

<blockquote>16 MP as with D7000 is lots enough.</blockquote>

<p>I suspect there are those who disagree, especially wildlife people - although there comes a point when the lenses can't keep up. We're still some way short of that for full frame, at least, although if people keep pixel-peeping then it's going to be hard to explain to the market why a 45MP FX camera is only as good in low light as a D7000.</p>

<blockquote>Well, it seems it will be back to film for me.</blockquote>

<p>You could argue that 35mm film might be able to match the resolution of at least a 12MP DSLR - and the scans I get sent tend to be 18MP or thereabouts. I'm very happy to use a film camera in its place - for me, its place usually involves Velvia, at least now HIE has gone the way of the dodo. It's place is in no way a substitute for a D3 - in reponsiveness, flexibility, low light performance, frame rate, image review, configurability... there's no contest. I have an F5, and I love it as a consumer SLR on steroids, but for what it was originally designed to do - and what the D3 is intended to do now - any film camera is obsolete. Which doesn't stop me from thinking about getting a 5x4...</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Yuch, yuch, yuch! Good or EVIL... other than my smartphone, and even if I had money in my pocket, there is NO camera in my future if it doesn't have an optical viewfinder</p>

<p>I agree - while I like live view on my 7D, I use it very rarely. For me (even though I don't have a strong want for them) I could see a 5D Mark I used for the times when I want low noise and smaller DOF and can a Fuji X100, but with a couple of fast sharp primes (in other words - an interchangeable lens version). If I got a compact rangefinder style it would still need interchangeable lenses (I would want fast primes only optically as good as their fixed 35mm lens it has now) and an optical viewfinder. I would want a 24mm, 60mm with macro and a 100mm for it.</p>

<p>Dennis</p>

</blockquote>

<p><br />I'd like to see an innovative form factor from Nikon or Canon. A fold-up the size of a beer can or tall coffee might do. That is where they could sneak into an already robust mid-size market. It must have a hot shoe and an articulated viewfinder. Modular goodies would attach throughout the price range. I don't understand the "classic look" nostalgia configurations. <br>

I spent the past year shooting more pics and making fewer prints than at any time in my life. I'm a part of a substantial OF demographic. My photo buddies and I are getting to a point where we appreciate smaller, decent cameras and have the time to use them but realize making more prints is kind of nuts. Typically we have DSLR's and a family pocket cam. We leave the house with the pocket cams and not the DSLR's. We suffer from chronic camera lust. I think the just right camera for us OF's is going to be something like the Olympus PenF's or Sony NEX. Right now the PenF Mini has my eye. It fits in a coat pocket or hip pouch just fine.</p>