Nikon Wednesday 2011: #37

Matt Laur

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>@<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5576216">Jana Hughes</a> - Very nice photo and it's probably my favorite of all that I've seen so far this week... However, do you mind if I offer a little critique? My only problem with this photo is there's no separation from the subject and the black background. The coat and hat just seem to disappear into the background and she looks like a face and hands just floating in space. Maybe a rim light to outline the subject would have worked here. Or a light on the backdrop would have given separation. Anyway, nice photo otherwise.</p>

<p>around here the yellow wildflowers have almost at once all come into bloom, and with them a wild variety of insects of all descriptions. yesterday i took out the trusty 105/2.5 AI lens and put on a +4 diopter too see what kind of closeups i could get. unfortunately, there's very shallow DOF, not to mention color fringing to deal with. nevertheless, a sharp capture can be had with patience -- and luck. here's one i was satisfied with.</p><div>00ZKUR-398355584.jpg.5620e47410eb343e17022b8bfdf9232a.jpg</div>

<p>Excellent contributions, everyone. A few that really caught me where:</p>

<p>Rich...Beautiful and pastoral scene. Thank you for bringing it to us. I feel like I am there.</p>

<p>Jamie...Definitely worth 1000 words</p>

<p>Mikhail... Great timing. Looks like kitty didn't want to share the spot light with a lesser kitty.</p>

<p>Glenn...What can I say besides "Ooh" and "Aah"</p>

<p>Wilson...Just perfect. I hope it is published somewhere.</p>

<p>Tony...Stunning colours...Looks like nature was showing off her brilliant composition and you were there to capture it perfectly.</p>

<p>Kent...And adding to the statement, I like the woman on the balcony with her hands on her hips, looking down. She could be thinking a lot of things, but my first thought is "MY EMPIRE!"</p>

<p>Rick...Beautiful...and you have immortalized your lovely model.</p>

<p>David...Great snake portrait! Thanks for the lighting info, because I was wondering about those catch lights...I thought it might be the worlds smallest softbox.</p>

<p>Phil...Lovely colours..creative and interesting composition.</p>

<p>My contribution is the documentation that I actually got to go for a walk in our beautiful neighborhood without the kids. Just one of our dogs and myself. Although Graffiti looks like she is barely tolerating me, we had a really nice time.</p><div>00ZKVc-398371684.jpg.f00346b9701d328b00a096840c908577.jpg</div>

<p>Happy Wednesday folks! It's great to come here every Wednesday and get inspired by all your shots, especially when I've been way too busy/lazy to shoot much myself. This week I pulled out my gear only once, to do a small product shoot. These are synthetic dreads, made by Dreadviolet.</p>

<p> </p><div>00ZKVp-398377584.jpg.6a6beee637b7d253923e0f1efef70c07.jpg</div>

<p>Terrific shots today. Level of excellence keeps increasing with every Wednesday here. I remember, when WedPic started 3 years ago most of the posts were more of casual shots, people used to put whatever they shot in the recent past. Now almost every picture is a masterpiece.<br>

I am continuing today with my vintage car story!<br>

<em><strong>Nikon D90, AF-S Nikkor 18-55 VR, Nikon SB 800, Capture NX 2</strong></em></p><div>00ZKXz-398409684.jpg.8478b1b739fe16aec95d610946eda57b.jpg</div>

<p>Hi All</p>

<p>Lovely pictures once again my top 3 are Tony Hadley's, Daniel Owen's and Robert Davies<br>

Mine is from a trip to the Isle of Wight a couple of weeks ago whilst waiting for the delayed ferry at high tide I spotted this poor old boat that had been pulled so far up the bank it no longer gets to bob in the water!</p>

<div>00ZKas-398469584.jpg.b5a10b720e3624412e87aab754ba8762.jpg</div>