Have we gone too far?

<p> I would not presume to say what others need but I just need basic equipment. This weekend I got a minute to see the Sierra #3 steam train at Jamestown Historic Railroad Park. I had just a moment as it went past me and i had 15 minutes to find my photo spot. I took 7 exposures with my F100 on B/W film. I picked out a background that had no modern structures in it. I also asked permission to stand where I was standing. It was given. The background is clean and the picture will be nice from edge to edge. I will not need to photoshop out anything nor will I need to add anything. The picture will be properly exposed. No other photographers were around that I saw. Mostly cell phone photos from ticket holders. I needed to get on the Highway for home otherwise I would have bought a ticket for a ride. The #3 is the most photogrphed train in the world. However I think the Daylight Express is the most beautiful. I would love to take some photos of it someday. It is stationed in Portland so I have to make it up there sometime to shoot it. I will use color film for the Daylight Express.</p>

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic