Nikon Wednesday 2011: #34

Matt Laur

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Happy Wednesday! My gear got shaken last weekend, I was photographing Triathlon European Championships here in my home town Tampere. My first go as a sports photographer was great, I got to shoot the biking part from the back of a Harley Davidson. I had a good driver so I didn't have to worry about anything else but how to get the athletes in focus...</p>

<p> </p><div>00ZETx-392399584.jpg.0ea5ebde92b83856156805ae3050e29b.jpg</div>

<p>Happy Wednesday from Alberta! I have not been on this thread for a long time. Wonderful and inspirational contributions from everyone. I am a lousy typist, so I can't put in my 2 cents on everyone individually, but a few that really caught me....</p>

<p>Mark...Your daughter's pic. When our daughter was 5, there was a similar style. I love your daughters POV and composition. Watch out...she will be borrowing your equipment routinely.</p>

<p>Apurva...Wonderful! A very unique approach to the car. Your take on it is abstract and unusual. Quite striking!</p>

<p>Torben...Beautiful and open portrait of the babe. Exceptional.</p>

<p>Thomas...A great capture, not only of the singer (great band IMHO), but of the action/interaction. You should be quite proud of the work.</p>

<p>Miha...Lovely and sweet portrait of the bear. I love the comp and tone as well.</p>

<p>Wayne...Wow! That really pops...great capture. It looks like a big gumball machine. Wonderful eye candy.</p>

<p>Bill...Beautiful...great eye. Great approach to your subject. Smart framing too!</p>

<p>We have recently moved to Canmore, Alberta. One of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I will be starting from the bottom of the food chain, as far as my portrait biz goes. So, in the meantime, I have been taking a lot of pix of the dog. Here is my contribution for the day...Graffiti at the pond.</p><div>00ZEUE-392401584.jpg.891396d3cb8d965e9c04b9f248053a35.jpg</div>