Can I sell a slide show?

<p>Tell me please, how can the actual business of creating a slide show?<br /> Several of my works you can see here:<br />

/>

/> Is it possible to collaborate with photographers? Or to rely only on the single simple orders. Or, perhaps, the quality of my work does not match? <br />Sorry for many questions. I really hope to get answers. Thank you.</p>

<p>Simply, if you want to sell something, you have to sell something that someone else wants to buy. Usually something they don't want to do, or can't do themselves.</p>

<p>My computer can run a slide show of a directory of images.</p>

<p>Photo frames run slide shows of images. Even my PS3 will do a slideshow of images.</p>

<p>Yes is the simple answer.</p>

<p>However a lot of studios now offer that as a part of their "service" already so you would need to contact photographers and if they are not already doing so then offer the service or get them to recommend you.<br>

You can also offer it as a service to put together shows of family get together, remembrance shows, etc etc.</p>

<p>One thing to watch out for though is using music on the shows. Use generic background music which you can buy as RF or if a customer requests a specific song then get them to supply the file or else you will have to buy a commercial license.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Yes you can sell a slide show, but the business model varies according to the subject. I work in Washington, D.C., and just like in any city with lots of tourists one of the things you can buy is photos of various landmarks. And one of the options for the photos is a CD or DVD slideshow, usually at a cheaper price than buying all of the individual photos separately. These are sold in gift shops all over town. Wedding photographers often sell their clients a slide show to be shown at the reception, at additional cost of course. Companies often use slide shows as part of a presentation at meetings, and these can be custom shot or can be created from existing photos. Creating a slide show -- pulling together the right photos, adding music and narration and graphics, etc. -- can be a job unto itself, just as being editor of a movie is a separate job from being the cinematographer. The key is it has to be something somebody is willing to buy or pay you to do. A slide show of your kids or your favorite pictures isn't likely to sell but something with commercial value -- as in tourist landmarks or something commissioned by a client -- can. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>if a customer requests a specific song then get them to supply the file or else you will have to buy a commercial license.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Having the client provide a music file <strong>does not protect you</strong> from copyright infringement issues at all! Your only protection when using copyrighted music (i.e., virtually all commercial/pop music) is to legally obtain a license to use the music.</p>

<p>Search for "royalty free music" to find music you can license easily/cheaply. Don't expect to be able to afford the rights to any current "pop" music you hear on the radio.</p>

<p> </p>