morephotos.com vs. smugmug.com

<p>Hi,<br>

I'm in the process of putting together a website, focusing mainly on rugby photography as well as event photography (but not weddings).<br>

2 sites by professional sports photographers have been recommended to me: morephotos.com and smugmug.com. I've looked at both, and they both look fine, but I would like to know if there are pros and cons to these - and if any of you have used either of the sites and your feelings on it, as well as having an outfit like this to do your photo printing for you instead of you doing it yourself.<br /><br />Thanks<br>

Sheryl</p>

<p>Sheryl,<br>

It also boils down to what type of photography you are shooting, how much you sell, and how much you value support. <br>

For the tech savy (don't need support) that are just starting out, you might find SmugMug's low base rate the way to go. <br>

If you are selling regularly online or have early expectations of sales, you will enjoy not paying commissions with MorePhotos. Their live tech support is nice, and they seem to be more geared toward the pros with better name branding.<br>

Good luck!</p>