looking for darkroom equipment

<p>I have a 35mm, and a 120mm antique camera that I would love to start taking pictures from. I know alot about darkrooms from the research that I have done and I am confident that I have enough knowledge to start my own darkroom. So before I get the film for these cameras I am looking for the darkroom equipment. I am trying to get a set for a good price so I was wondering if anyone on here is selling a set or would know where I could get one for a reasonable amount. thanks so much</p>

<p>It depends on specifically what you are looking for. I purchased most of my current darkroom gear on Ebay, including tanks, enlarger, timer, easel. Chemicals from several specialty houses. If you live near a store which was an old line photo shop, they may have used darkroom gear stored in the back for sale as well (we have 2-3 shops in the Chicago area which still carry darkroom gear). Obviously better gear will go for higher prices. Two items I really enjoyed using were Rondinax dayight developing tanks (model 35U for 35mm and model 60 for 120 film...didn't require you to load them in the dark or a black bag). They are no longer made, but pretty readily available on the big auction site. Most people prefer either stainless steel tanks or Patterson tanks, also readily available on the auction sites. Good luck and enjoy your future darkroom.</p>

<p>What area do you live in? Perhaps someone can steer you toward something or have things to donate or sell reasonably. Omega and Beseler units are likely suspects as they're common, decent quality and the accessories (lens boards, carriers, etc) are easy and affordable to obtain. </p>

<p>I have decided to buy the darkroom set probably closer to Christmas. There is this old camera shop near my house that I just decided to go into today and found out that they have a darkroom. It was a really neat place and I am so glad that I found it but thank you all for the help anyway!</p>

<p>Elizabeth, developing black & white negatives can be done well in a simple darkroom. The negatives can be scanned on a modest flatbed scanner with a transparancy adaptor, edited on a computer, and printed on a digital printer. After using a traditional darkroom for decades, this is what I now do. There are a few advantages for fine art photographers in printing in a traditional darkroom, but digital printing is good enough for most of us, and more practical. If you do opt for a complete darkroom, as others have said the equipment can be inexpensive or free. Wait for the right price rather than spend more sooner.</p>

What Jim said. You don't need a darkroom to develop black and white film. All you need is a developing tank and reels, such as Paterson makes, developer, stop bath and fixer. The film is loaded into the light tight tank in complete darkness using either a changing bag or in a closet and the rest is done in daylight. Twenty minutes after taking the shots you can be looking at the negatives.
James G. Dainis

I would recommend getting an application that searches multiple close cities ads via Craigslist to you. There are a

couple websites which do the same thing.

You can occasionally find enlargers for free if you pickup, or for next to free.

The big bulk of school and college enlargers being disposed of have already hit their glut point. They've saturated and

desaturated already. But you will find very good deals. What becomes hard to come by are certain accessories, I'm

still hunting for an affordable large easel.