Big Posters

<p>Can you please make some suggestions on where to get really good, really big prints that often are used to hang in gymnasiums. I have a couple of quotes from printers (not photo labs) for images on vinyl. Is that the only material used, or does anyone print on canvas? And, if you know the turnaround time, that'll help too.</p>

<p>That size isn't that large and any digital printing (photo) shop should be able to do it on canvas. My guess is, however, that the price between the sign shop vinyl and the photo printer will be more than a few dollars.</p>

<p>Anyway, just contact a local photo lab or digital print house (not a consumer type as the results will vary widely) and they should be able to give you a quote and do it relatively quickly.</p>

<p>most big online places go up to 24x36. To go larger you really need to search "poster prints" I have a local shop that does 42" x 100' on any paper I want to buy that comes in 42" rolls.</p>

<p>Most pro labs today have a large inkjet that accepts 36" or 42" rolls...all you need to do is ask.</p>

<p>RS</p>

<p>Curt: Not sure where you're located, but I use these folks on a regular basis for party room decor and large prints -- up to 6' x 4' so far, printed direct to any substrate you want: http://www.artisancolour.com/displaygraphics.html They charge by the square foot, so just go on their site and send an email requesting a quote for their work. I'd say the quality of the posters we do with them (2'x3', 3'x4' and 4'x6') is "near photographic" quality and printed direct to foam core with grommets for hanging if you want. They can print on just about any substrate material.</p>

<p>Here's an example of a 4x6' banner we did, hanging from the ceiling. Kinda hard to see the quality from this shot, but it's something we were proud to deliver to the client.</p><div>00Z9B6-386727584.jpg.888bc53be796cd946820500963873ae5.jpg</div>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Thank you for the ongoing responses, but I've gotten the job done. Gamma in Chicago handled the job and, according to the parents who bought the prints, did a great job!<br>

I wish the parents, who did the hanging, would have been able to display the prints as wrinkle-free as Peter shows.</p>

<p>Curt</p>