nikon d3200

eric_arnold

<blockquote>

<p>A $2200 D700 is an upgrade for sure, but my 17-55 would become useless (if my D90 died, that is) and I would need to buy a 24-70 f/2.8 to replace the 17-55 I can no longer use. That makes the $2200 D700 a $3500 or more investment for 4 year old tech. At that point, my $3500 is better spent on the D800 I don't really need.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>dont think steve is the only one in this situation.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>[the d7000] is a significant upgrade from the D300</p>

</blockquote>

<p>not if you shoot sports or action...as the other recent thread reveals, its AF is not great in low-light. also, the d300s (which is what Steve is referring to, since the d300 is no longer available new) also has 2 memory card slots. if the d300s has better high-ISO there would be no need for a successor.</p>

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>

<p>Too bad it's not available without the kit lens.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>In the US, it is the same deal with the D3000 and D3100. Nikon USA always packages those entry-level DSLRs with the 18-55mm kit lens. In fact, that is the only kit lens option.</p>

<p>If you don't want the 18-55mm kit lens (e.g. you already have one or perfer some other lens), there maybe some dealers who are willing to break up the kit to sell you the body only, and the dealer will sell the lens to someone else separately. But typically the stores end up making more money that way. Otherwise, you can always buy the kit and then sell the lens yourself.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>just bought a black one today, Gentlemen... I've been using film forever ( and dont intend leave the world of film totally) ... this is my first HR SLR digital camera... also, I picked up a AF Nikkor 70-300 mmzoom at a university town camera shop.. hope this will work with the D3200 as well.... For the projects and art that I want to continue to create and enlarge, I think this is going to work out just fine and dandy... Cheers xoxo </p>