Lightroom Printing Module - cropping issue

<p>I may be missing something simple here so feel free to straighten me out. I cropped a RAW image in LR3.3 Develop mod to 5x7 and then switched over to the Print module to experiment (newer user). When I selected the page layout/template as one 5x7 print, the image showed irregular boarders and would not fit exactly into the 5x7 template. Regardless of checking various settings (fit to.., margins, stroke boarder, etc) the image still didn't appear to get to the required ratio. I believe I finally got to a 4.99"x6.98" but with a struggle. I have gone through various Adobe tutorials and the help menu to no avail. Can anyone put me straight here - is there a simple trick I'm not seeing? </p>

<p>What size paper do you have your Page Setup metric set to? If it is 5x7 then there will be some blank space for borders, unless you choose "borderless" in the print driver dialog box; if the paper size is inadvertently set for 4x6 then you'll have other issues.</p>

<p>Have you configured the LR Layout settings (below Image Settings) for setting margins, page grid, and single cell size?</p>

<p>I find Lightroom's Print module to be easy to setup, customize, and use.</p>

<p>ME</p>

<p>Thanks for the response ME- I have 5x7 paper and the page setup for borderless. The issue comes in the actual layout when I can't seem to push the image size completely to that 5x7. <br>

As you suggest, I will have a look at the layout settings again. James</p>

<p>The cell size is set to 4.8x6.8 and that’s what is shown in your dimensions (upper right). <br>

Cropping in Develop to 5x7 simply crops that proportion but in Print, the cell size is what determines the size of the output. Update the cell size to what you want (presumably 5x7).</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>James,<br>

I just happened to print at true borderless 5x7. Make sure your printer is capable of borderless printing and set that in the Page Setup print dialog box. Then move your LR Margins sliders all the way left to 0.00. Then move your Cell Size sliders all the way to the right at 5x7.<br>

Then save that total configuration as a User Template with an appropriate name. I work with three printers and name each configuration (user template) to quickly tell me the facts.</p>

<p>ME</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Rodney - thats what is confusing me those, cell size sliders are maxed out and will not push to 5x7.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>But the cell is based on the Page Setup. Check that. If its not a page setup that can support a full bleed 5x7, the sliders for the cell can’t go any farther (you cant specify a size that the paper can’t support). </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Excellent guys, I think that I have it (with your help). My HP's profile won't support everything i'm trying to do. I did find some success with the page setup however will ultimatly go Michaels route and use supported larger paper then adjust from there.</p>

<p>Many thanks, James </p>