Nikon Wednesday 2011: #28

Matt Laur

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Hello everyone on Wednesday afternoon/evening,<br /> Wow I'm so glad that I'm off today, that's why I have time to look around PN and found this thread. You guys are very good in photography and I try to learn from you all. This picture's taken with Nikon D7000 18-105mm f/5,6 ISO 500 Have a good day everyone!<br>

Please help I haven't succeeded in loading the picture!</p>

<p>Great stuff. Compliments to Rich Johnson, Nathan Sanborn, Jeannean, Aguinaldo (wow), Tom Pennal and Nicolaie (wonderful lighting). </p>

<p>Caught this one walking around on the weekend, 2 littermates disagreeing on who gets to bring the stick back to shore.</p><div>00Z2AE-379257584.jpg.fa4af6cc87d81f989b06dadcf93631f0.jpg</div>

<p>Hello everyone..</p>

<p>I haven't been very active with the Nikon Wednesday post for sometime, thought I'd catch up :)</p>

<p>I went to Silverstone over the weekend for the British Grand Prix. I was sceptical months before the race as to what lens I might need to take some decent photos. I initially settled for the 200-400mm, later then 300mm+TC and even the 400mm & 500mm. Unfortunately, they were not available that weekend which left with no choice but to rent the 600mm. You could say this was a blessing in disguise since I had general admission tickets, I didn't have clear view of the tracks to take a shot, not with the wire fence all around. Nonetheless I found a spot that gave me a clear line of sight of the cars coming down the track and I needed max focal length! I even got a few shots with the 1.7TC, which were not bad at all! </p>

<p>The weather was strange on Sunday as it rained quite heavily in one end of the track, while the other half was sunny. Naturally this caused a dilemma for all the people without an umbrella and also for the teams as they had to make a tough decision regardomg the tires for the cars! With the cars going through the water on the track at 150mph+, it created some dramatic effect and I managed to get some decent shots.</p>

<p>The 600mm is truly an amazing lens and I would definitely add it to my collection of lenses, if I could find more use for it, other than the occasional motor sports and wildlife.</p>

<p>This is a photos of the Lotus Renault car driven by Vitaly Petrov.</p><div>00Z2Dw-379301584.jpg.44492572c6e45627ef5d71884339d004.jpg</div>

<p>Hi fellow Nikonians<br>

Great selection as always favourites this week are<br>

Jana Hughes Cheeky Ducks - a real sense of fun and great use of colour<br>

Chris Sperry- a beautiful shot<br>

Ryan Johnson great puppy portrait<br>

Peter cohen - stunning and love the contrast in the window colours<br>

Aguinaldo de paula - very atmospheric<br>

John P an almost ghost like quality to your scene<br>

John Rowsell lovely pic of Harry looking so serious<br>

Don Harper just beautiful<br>

My own shot this week is of one of the beautiful spring flowers blooming earlier this year at Ventnor botanical gardens on the Isle of Wight</p><div>00Z2Eh-379309584.jpg.3aaa06fd5c407ccd2677f07cb8b4fbff.jpg</div>

<p>Happy Wednesday everyone! Thanks to Dawn for mentioning my picture last week</p>

<p>Too many great pictures for me to mention all the ones I liked, but if I had to pick just a few I'd go for:<br>

Cory's river landscape<br>

George's dew drop<br>

John F's daisies - definitely worth the effort IMO<br>

Jeannean's flower<br>

and Le Giao's excellent first post</p>

<p>Several opportunities presented themselves this week, including another evening walk in the fields near my house. This is my youngest daughter once again.......</p>

<p>Happy Wednesday everyone! Thanks to Dawn for mentioning my picture last week</p>

<p>Too many great pictures for me to mention all the ones I liked, but if I had to pick just a few I'd go for:<br>

Cory's river landscape<br>

George's dew drop<br>

John F's daisies - definitely worth the effort IMO<br>

Jeannean's flower<br>

and Le Giao's excellent first post</p>

<p>Several opportunities presented themselves this week, including another evening walk in the fields near my house. This is my youngest daughter once again.......</p><div>00Z2FH-379315584.jpg.e31061aea64430ba542c9ba4d4ba66f8.jpg</div>