Why picture has been removed from most viewed?

hugh_hill

<p>Like many of London's events I was asked to cover the gay pride last Saturday of which I did and must say got some great shots in doing so. Yesterday I decided to stick one up and no sooner than it was up it was on the 4th page of 'most viewed in the past 24 hours' and then for some unknown reason it was taken down?<br>

Now this was in the events section and it was after all a family event shared by all young & old gay & straight so I don't know why it should be pulled so thought it must be a mistake and that's why I am contacting you<br>

I mean, does this offend anyone - <a href="../photo/13654832">http://www.photo.net/photo/13654832</a><br>

if not then can someone please give a valid reason/explanation as to why or how this happened.<br>

in the 'events page most viewed pictures in the past three days' at 75 views also considering that if it was not moved it would probably have a lot more views by now so it should have the right to be there, no?</p>

<p>I spend my life campaigning for equality and use my work to put points across whether its the London Gay Pride, or homeless issues in Europe to campaigning for equality in the Middle East and other causes.<br>

it just confuses me why having above the acquired number of most views for events in the past three day's its still not being shown,,,</p>

<p>Any ideas why guy's?</p>

<p>Patiently</p>

<p>HH</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I'm quite certain the system is automated and impartial, not a victim of such human frailties as bigotry, stupidity, taste, ideology, or politics but rather a set of mathematical algorithms to determine it's location in the hierarchy of the various PN systems. However, I'm not as certain as to why it ever ended up in one of the <em>Top Rated</em> categories since, as Josh mentioned, it has only been submitted for critique, not for rating. I can assure you, it has nothing to do with censorship. I saw your photo in the critique stream several times last night and again just a few minutes ago.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I saw your photo in the critique stream several times last night and again just a few minutes ago.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Perhaps Hugh was thinking of the critique stream page. He may not know that images are displayed randomly there and that he is unlikely to see the same images on subsequent visits. So it would be very likely to see it on one viewing of that page and then not on another.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I'm quite certain the system is automated and impartial, not a victim of such human frailties as bigotry, stupidity, taste, ideology, or politics but rather a set of mathematical algorithms to determine it's location in the hierarchy of the various PN systems.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>And just to be clear, Jeff is absolutely correct. I am the only one (aside from the photographer) who would make a decision to remove a photo from the PN gallery (or from visibility within the gallery). And not only did I take no action with this image, I would not ever remove such an image from the site. There is nothing wrong with that image as far as photo.net is concerned.</p>

<p>It is a virtual certainty that the issue is based around one of the other possibilities that have been raised.</p>

<p>Thanks Josh,<br>

'Fred' Yesterday it was displayed in top photos in past 24 hours halfway down page 4 and was creeping up, but then it just disappeared? I mean I hope I haven't offended anyone if so then it was never my intention.</p>

<p>Thanks Jeff, my thoughts exactly, just couldn't work it out, why or how but I knew Josh would be able to explain it (Josh, your a diamond geezer!) <br>

Josh I know for a fact you wouldn't have stopped it as you have let a full nudity through before on the <a href="../photo/5217307">care in the community</a> image.<br>

I think you are all right and that its just a glitch and images selected for critique only are not allowed in the section of 'most viewed images', To be honest I am not bothered with rating it's the comments I learn from and find out from them who really knows about photography and understands the picture and take great pleasure communicating with such people.<br>

it's just nice to be able to share your work where it can be seen and get peoples vies not just on the technical aspects but the cultural & social ones too.<br>

Anyway, I am really happy its just a glitch as I took some great picture on that day that I am now looking forward to uploading and sharing them the community :)</p>

<p>Thank you all for explaining how it is, Josh, Fred, & Jeff.</p>

<p>Hugh</p>