Yashica A, Praktica Super TL, and wouldn't you know it, it didn't dawn on me to grab one...

<p>I've usually got a camera within reach somewhere. Somehow, Saturday around 7 a.m. I managed to find a time where I didn't have one handy. Actually, it didn't even dawn on me. It started two weeks ago. My father has been on my case for months to get him a dog. A mutt... at least a year old so he doesn't have to be housebroken...<br>

So on Kijiji I find one. The price is right, free to good home. His name is Bear. He is part Beagle, part German Shepherd. He's happy, playful, and stubborn. Once he gets something into his head, it's stuck there. <br>

Saturday at 7 a.m. I went out the front door of my father's trailer to go for a whiz. The dog veers to the left. I look to see what he's doing. He introduces himself to a 500 lb black bear that's no more than 12 feet away from me. I mean he's up behind it sniffing its butt. I try to call him. No good, he's busy. I call him again. My language is getting coarse. I look around for something to go after the bear with. There's a claw hammer on the table. Ok, it's not the best but a good whack in the nose will do the job. It's not necessary. The bear turns and walks away slowly. I'm still calling the dog. He's still ignoring me. The bear walks around the other side of the back trailer. The dog's nose is <em><strong>still</strong></em> up the bear's butt. At this point, I've written the dog off as dead. I went back to the trailer. I grabbed a gun and went back out to look for the dog. I haven't heard anything. I walked around the other side of the old house. I heard some rustling in the bushes. It's "Bear." He came bouncing back like he made a brand new friend. I told him I don't want a big black bear as a friend. There wasn't a scratch on him. I figured he'd be dead, or at the very least mangled, maimed, or half eaten. Nope. And still not any smarter. And No, I didn't get any pictures. I'm going to change his name from Bear to Stupid Lucky Bastard.</p>