An FD Lens for Goldfinger!

bsharpe411

<p>I ran across this post on ebay and just had to check it out:</p>

<p>160609093373</p>

<p>Not only was it hard to believe that anybody would spray paint a lens, but it is also listed as being "digital".<br>

I already contacted the seller and suggested he drop the listing before some with a new EOS Digital owner thinks they found the bargain of the year.<br>

I scrolled thru other listing the seller posted only to find several lens (along with a lens shade and case) that also had the "Goldfinger Touch". I'm sure the overspray worked its way into the moving parts and onto the glass.</p>

<p>Actually I have a T-80...along with the 50mm and the short zoom and have used it on occasion with good results. It's the "ugly stepchild" on the FD line, but still does a nice job</p><div>00Yx1K-373451584.jpg.a7c9c149fb3d8cec0c98b68bc14973d2.jpg</div>

<p>Louis, you could be right. If we look at item 150623544892 from the same seller, we see a Pentax lens hood and its case, both apparently golden-brown. But the seller comments below, "Looks brown, but both lens hood and case are black." Whatever he's doing wrong, I hope he figures it out soon...</p>

<p>This could really get him into trouble if he tried to sell a Pentax LX and someone who saw his wildly off-color pictures thought it was the rare gold-plated version.</p>

<p>Those lenses haven't been painted. Note the distance and other markings on the lenses. They haven't been redone.<br>

What you are seeing, as mentioned above, is the effect of incandescent lights used with daylight color balance settings. The good thing about these lenses is, if others also believe they've been spray painted, that they'll sell at the lower end of the scale.</p>

<p>A few weeks ago, I was surfing cameras on Super Browse Collectors Weekly a limited and varied selection of eBay items. One particular seller had a dozen high end cameras scattered throughout the listings that were either photographed with gold tone filter on a strobe or some other nonsense. I found it extremely annoying. I don't know if any other of you readers saw these. I very much prefer lots of photos with proper white balance, close up and clarity rather than color dramatics!! </p>

<p>Wow.. a little bit of bad white balance... and fact being, the lens is automated, mechanized - some could say the lens is digital (it DOES contain electronics that control its AF functions). No where does it say its meant for digital cameras or fits them. The description is actually pretty good compared to some of the sh!t I've seen on eBay, and the guy does have 100% feedback... I really don't see the big deal here... I don't even think the golden cast is intentional. nearly 500 people did business with these people and had no complaints. How does this look spray painted to anyone who isn't legally blind?</p>