Upload dates and captions

<p>I have spent a while figuring a curl script to automatically upload the "edit image info" data from a data base, because find very inconvenient to do manually it for each picture. While I have been able to update automatically almost everything, I have not yet found a way to upload automatically the year, month and day corresponding to the time when the picture was taken. I have tried the command below, which seems identical to what a browser sends manually, but no way....<br>

curl (---- code for authentification and other fields-----) -d "ColValue.exposure%5fdate.month=July&ColValue.exposure%5fdate.day=23&ColValue.exposure%5fdate.year=1972"<br>

Is there any clue or trick to do the job? <br>

Thanks<br>

Rgds</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I still use film, and therefore scan the slides or negatives, therefore, the date of exposure is to be entered manually....at some point. I have not given thought to the fact that this info could be added manually to and later retrieved from the EXIF file, but I can make certainly make some tests. It still annoys me that the only info that I cannot upload automatically is this data....</p>

<p>Yes exiftool is very powerful. I did use it a while ago to embed the copyright, but I now use another tool. I will make a test of embedding the date in the picture, and perhaps other metadata, from my database. This is not the process I had in mind, but if long as I can automate it both ways, why not....</p>