Hasselblad Swc filters and else

jukka1

<p>Hello!<br />I will get old chrome version made 1959-1972 SWC. It has baj 63 filter. I have old pro shade with 63 adaptor ring, so can I use that pro shade with SWC? Can I also use my gelatin filters?<br>

Pro shade has markings for 38 mm and C, so I think I can use all my filters?<br>

Else: Does anyone here have experience with this old non T version?<br>

Is it impossible to take a photograph when sun is in the frame?<br>

Sincerely, Jukka</p>

<p>Jukka,</p>

<p>I have an older Black version that is also form that vintage of 1959-1972 SWC. Not T*, but the same 38mm metal hood and Bayonet 63 filters.</p>

<p>I had that pro shade you mentioned, but never used it on my SWC mainly for the fact that I want to minimum my equipment I needed to carry. The original hood worked best for my need, as i used my SWC in a point -n- shoot style. For me the original metal hood worked the best.</p>

<p>Thanks for your responses!<br>

I will get camera today and I will try my pro shade.<br>

I also bought some 63 baj filters, but I think I dont have that part, where those drop in filters will fit. Happily ebay seems to have some for reasonable price.<br />Sincerely, Jukka</p>

I found that certain brands of regular threaded 67mm filters, like some B+W filters, fit the front threads of my mid-sixties SWC perfectly. Others, like Tiffen, did not. I believe it has something to do with the particular pitch of the threads of the 67mm screw-in filters. The front bay filter attachment ring's threads on the SWC's 38mm

Biogon are very fine, some brands of 67mm filters will bind after only a turn or two, some will thread on completely with no binding, so don't force it if you detect any binding. Also, if

you decide to use regular threaded 67mm filters, be careful the screw-on filter's glass element does not come into contact with the center of the

Biogon's front element, it could possibly mar the glass. Certain 67mm threaded filters have thinner rings, placing the filter glass too close to lens front element and possibly making contact. It's a fantastic lens/

camera and makes for a great handheld MF set-up.

<p>Hello!<br />I got yesterday this old SWC and it hasn't been used much.<br>

I can use my 63 mm adapter ring for pro shade and put wratten gel filters to that.<br>

It binds nicely to Biogon. I have also holder for pro shade to use gel filters.<br>

Anyway, I will get some Hasselblad 63 mm filters next friday.<br />Thanks for your answers.<br>

Sincerely, Jukka</p>

<p>You can get a screw in lens shade (possibly with a matching lens cap) on the bay - this lens shade will act as a filter retaining ring. I recommend this solution highly, because the pro shade makes it impossible to use the viewfinder, so it is only useful if you use the RMFX screen for focusing.</p>