Epson R2400...Service or...?

<p>I have had the printer since they came out and it has printed on without a hitch. Never more than a cleaning cycle and pattern check.<br /> So...had not printed on this one for about 8 months...<br />-Last week when I started it up, the power light didn't come on...printer did<br />-Printed just fine<br />-Today all of the lights were blinking incl. the cartridge lights inside.<br />-Wouldn't do a nozzle check.<br />-Powered down and restarted...printed a check.<br />-Have to use the monitor from the driver to see which cart. to change as all lights are flashing.<br /> Okay...so...is there some secret reset protocol or has a board or something just gone mad?<br /> Repair it? Is that worthwhile? I love the output from this printer, so there's no need from that perspective, but if it's $300 to fix and people are selling them for less than that or there is a significantly better product...?<br />I am open to all suggestions.<br />Oh...nature and wildlife primarily...nothing smaller than this one would be cool.</p>

When you compare the cost of repair vs. new, make sure you take into account:

1. New comes with warranty, and

2. New comes with ink. (A significant factor.)

and possibly:

3. New is better, because of improved design

and possibly:

4. New comes with drivers that work on current operating systems.

<p>Well...<br /> 1-Warranty is a good point, but honestly I never had an issue since 2003 or 4...can't remember when exactly...whenever it came out. Great printer the whole time. A warranty wouldn't have helped this.<br /> 2-I have quite a bit of ink, so...not really an issue.<br /> 3-Don't really need better...the prints are never less than perfect.<br /> 4-Drivers always worked fine on XP and Vista (haven't tried 7 yet). If this is a driver issue...it just started out of the blue.<br /> So...I guess I'll see what other ideas float this way and go from there. Thank you for your response though...I do appreciate it.</p>

<p>happened.</p>

<p>Don't bother with 7. <br>

Sitting for that long you may want to run an inkjet printer cleaning sheet thru a few times (Staples or Office Depot). Probably won't help the specific situation though.<br>

Uninstall the driver, reinstall. Stuff happens.</p>