Some shots from the 100mm f2.8 after the fix

gnashings

<p>Hi all, I promised I'd post some pix - not sure what they prove, but basically I took the lens and some generic 400asa print film into the backyard...and realized spring cleaning is much overdue... :) But I digress. As soon as the sun pretended to come out the morning after my first lens fixin' foray, with no sleep and shaky hands I started just snapping at whatever I could find. Developed at walmart (there are artifacts in the actual prints... but what can you expect now days...), scanned on the cheapest all in one HP makes (or rather made, a couple years ago). All in all it seems the lens works just fine, just keep in mind these scans are what they are, and even the prints are hardly anything to write home about. </p><div>00YmxH-362583584.jpg.89c29b7aaba0d5cc23212c775cb7a0cf.jpg</div>

<p>That lens seems to live up to it's fine reputation, <strong>Peter</strong>, and well worth the repair effort. It's certainly not lacking in sharpness. Interesting garden, and what an extraordinary watering can! Do I detect small figures lurking in the shadows behind? Overall, a very pictorial post; many thanks.</p>

<p>Thanks Rick, very kind of you, thanks for having a look - I do enjoy this lens so I was glad that it was not terminally ill. <br>

The small figures scoff at being photographed with anything not made in Wetzlar, I had to bribe them by sacrificing a plastic flamingo just to loan me the watering can... For now they are placated, but for how long? (insert x-files/twilight zone like sound effects here). </p>