Flexcolor profile for Portra: Color anomalies?

<p>I've been scanning Portra NC 160 on a flatbed scanner, but today tried some<br /> scans with an Imacon 848. My intention was to do minimal processing in FlexColor<br /> - I thought the FlexColor Portra 160 NC profile would yield adequate results for<br /> later processing if I just set the histogram correctly and then post-processed<br /> later in LR/PS.<br /> <br /> But the Portra profile didn't seem accurate enough to allow this simple<br /> treatment. The color was less accurate than my flatbed scans. I was especially<br /> bothered by overwhelming greens, when other colors came close to what I<br /> expected. I had trouble correcting them either with the FlexColor software, or<br /> later with PS. The scanner's owner checked me out, and we saw no incorrect<br /> settings.<br /> <br /> --Have others seen color anomalies with this combination of film and scanner<br /> profile?<br /> <br /> --I didn't have time to check & see: does the FlexColor RGB Standard profile<br /> perhaps give better results with Portra 160 NC?<br /> <br /> (Other than this color problem, I was a happy scanner. With sharpening/texture<br /> set at -120, the images looked much clearer than flatbed scans, yet didn't have<br /> the over-sharpness of FlexColor's default sharpening. In this respect they<br /> looked very 'photographic' to my eyes, which are still calibrated to<br /> 20th-century photo norms.)<br /> <br /> Kirk</p>

<p>Its been a LONG time since I had my Imacon. But as I recall, the trick to scanning color negs was to use the crop selection on certain areas of the image, clicking on the button (can’t recall the name) that did some kind of auto white/black etc. When it looks pretty good, save that as a custom setting to use for similar types of film stock and shot. Once I did this to get close, I could reuse that setting and only have to make minor tweaks to the negs. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)