STOLEN 1DMarkIV and 24-70/f2.8 lens

<p>@Brian: you know I am always careful when shooting at night. I actually didn't do it in San Francisco, because I felt it to be not so safe for a girl alone with such expensive gear. And then this happens in broad daylight in Alamo Square.............it only shows you can never be prepared for anything.<br>

I wouldn't worry too much about it, from everyone I've spoken to over there I heard this was something they've never heard before. Not in this way at least.......I just hope I can recover from it and can enjoy walking around with my camera as much again as I used to, because for now I just can't imagine myself in a strange city exploring neighborhoods.</p>

<p>@Doug: I had a GREAT time in California and the Bay Area......after all: this could have happened anywhere. </p>

Iris, as one who shoots regularly in San Francisco, I'm really sorry this happened to you. But am glad that

you weren't hurt. Just so you know, when your post first appeared a few days ago, I tweeted it to local

photographers/followers who follow two SF photoblogs, and to Facebook, also followed by a group of local

photographers. I know, it's a longshot your gear will pop up as a result, but good to do anyway - it at least lets

locals know that bad things can occasionally happen.

>>> For those of us who live in California ... ... Tourists - do not visit. This place is ugly and mean.

I couldn't disagree more...

www.citysnaps.net

<p>Tourists do not visit California? "Ugly and mean?" Whoever wrote that is very naive. You must not be from California originally. Come to Los Angeles and see what "few" tourists there are- they're all over the place.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>What's with putting the at sign before people's names? Disconcerting.</p>

</blockquote>

<p><em>"Increasingly, @ is also used as a prefix to user names (e.g., @username) on social websites such as <a title="Bebo" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bebo">Bebo</a>, <a title="Facebook" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook">Facebook</a> and <a title="Twitter" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter">Twitter</a> to denote a link, attribution or indirect reference." </em>(from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/@)</p>

<p>Oh i didn't realise the @ sign is not used here on this forum<br />In The Netherlands we use it all the time on fora to reply to multiple posters in one answer, so that it is clear who you are directing your comment too. But since Twitter came along maybe it's a little confusing.</p>

<p><br />Brad, thank you for putting the word out! You just never know where it turns up, the more people know the better</p>

<p>Thanks Brad, really appreciate it! Since I'm not from the area I don't know where to post the message best but its good to hear that at least some local photo people heard about it!</p>

<p>IT is also good to hear that most people are really surprised that a thing like this happened there and during daytime! Means that it is at least not a very common thing and that I just had very bad luck</p>

<p>FYI - for those who are considering camera insurance - you see them on here and other sites... </p>

<p>Make sure you read the fine print. The policies I've seen - most have a clause - there must be evidence of a break in. This means if someone jimmies the lock on your car (no broken window), you're out of luck. If someone snags a key to your hotel room - you're out of luck. If you camera is stolen on the street - you're out of luck.</p>