39mm lens on bayonet mount

<p>As soon as my converter gets here , I am hoping to use Leitz lens on a Pentax ME super, yes I do know it will only be manual all the way shutter speed and f-stop control also. Yes I could use this lens on a RF camera but I do not do to well with them so to see thru the lens a see what I am getting , I my handicap ,one could say.<br>

Yes I could also use that lens on my k-10 digital Pentax but that would take all the fun out it : [LOL]<br>

So hopefully within next week or so I should have some color fotos of lens being used on the Pentax ME super<br>

the lens is a odd ball its a Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summarit F=50mm 1:1.5 serial number is Nr 491956 also<br>

stamped engraved Taylor,Taylor & Hobson lens with US patent # 2019985<br>

Hope to be able to post some good fotos from it:</p><div>00YjgS-358961584.jpg.a041cb46488b8e4307a8e842b450d437.jpg</div>

<p>Sorry but no way will that lens focus on your ME except very close up. It will start at a little less than 1/2 life size and only go closer from there. The screw mount Leica is 28.8mm flange to film and and Pentax K mount is 46.5mm give or take, not including the adapter. Did you perchance order an M42 screwmount adapter by mistake? Older screwmount lenses for Pentax can be adapted for your ME.</p>

<blockquote>That lens will work properly on any LTM 24x36 film rangefinder camera be it Leica or copy. It will also work with apropriate adapter(s) on Sony Nex 1.5 crop or m4/3 digicams. Otherwise it will only be a closeup lens on any other camera, NO INFINITY.</blockquote>

<p>It can also be adapted to Leica M mount. And of course a whole host of enlargers take 39mm lenses.</p>

<p>If it is an LTMount then it won't focus to Infinity on the Prakticas. There is a barrel [literally] of a difference between LTM M39 lens and the same lens in M42. The adapter you may get would be a thin ring with internal and external threads. But it cannot shave off the barrel behind the optical group in the M39.<br>

You can easily see the difference in the Industar f/3.5 50mm lenses between the LTMount and the M42 mount. The M42 is a Pancake, while the LTM is not. [it has an extra cylinder behind the optical group.]. sp.</p>