Simply looking for validation through commiseration

deedee_jones

<p>And Dee Dee, I only skimmed these replies so maybe someone already mentioned it, but you can often FIX a mistake in Photoshop. Be prepared to do so if you get a salvageable image that needs tweaking; recognize when it can be tweaked and improved and be prepared to spend some time doing it. This took me twenty minutes. I could do better. You're an artist, you mentioned, so you could also.</p><div>00YgiI-355795584.jpg.f938b9d2061364e60c304408281e6ae8.jpg</div>

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>A few minutes in Lightroom 3 saved the details in her lovely dress. See if you like this one better?<br>

I would recommend you join your local PPA chapter, great instruction, mentoring and networking opportunities. Good Luck!</p><div>00YgwC-356021684.jpg.6e02e2322601542b8e6cdf578804c2f5.jpg</div>

<p><em>Ken why is it ever wrong to shoot in Manual?</em></p>

<p>It's cool if you know what you are doing (esp. using flash). In this example, even with a mega/hyper kit zoom lens, I was hoping the OP knew better.<br>

Using the Socratic Method, I was asking Q's that OP couldn't even answer.<br>

In any case, William has it nailed.</p>

<p>I believe that the application of Socrates' Method of arriving at a truth; an outcome or knowledge is often misinterpreted as being aggressive and / or affronting.<br />This results in many questions not only remaining unanswered – but rather being dismissed and remaining even unaddressed.<br />This results in a loss.<br>

But it is neither a shortcoming nor a loss, of the method: just a loss for some people.</p>

<p>WW</p>

<p> </p>