Cuba

jodys

<p>I'm still scanning, retouching, sorting my Cuba photos, but I thought I would post an early unedited one. So far 400 or so B&W with the M3, 20 4x5 Velvias with my Speed Graphic, and about 4,000 w/ Canon dSLR. I'm still waiting on 6 rolls of generic C-41 that had to be sent out for processing, and I haven't even started to scan what I did with the Rolleiflex. Yes this was my honeymoon. What can I say, she loves me the way I am.</p><div>00YdR3-352387684.thumb.jpg.78b6d23fdf7a03009ab1a99b25d0144a.jpg</div>

<p>I guess I should have explained a little more. We got married April 11 in the Dominican Republic, came home for a day then left for Cuba for the honeymoon. The photo totals above include the week spent in the DR with the whole group (47 attended), quite a few of which Dana took herself. I would say I have a 50/50 split between Cuba and the DR.</p>

<p><a href="http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd219/neandertaldude/WeddingPhoto.jpg">Here</a>'s a wedding photo of Dana and myself, taken by HDC Photography, a local firm run by a French national, Arnaud Brichet. Our photographer, Miljan, might have been from Spain (we forgot to ask). It was quite an experience being on the other side of the lens, not to mention shopping around and negotiating services. I recommend them highly, I think we got stellar service considering the constraints and the glaring sun. Yes of course I can pick apart every photo and find all the mistakes, but everyone else loves them and that's what counts.</p>

<p>Les: a camcorder would have been a great idea in Cuba. The entire country is one giant photo-op just waiting for someone to press a shutter. I never expected to have to negotiate right-of-way with an ox-cart on a back-woods trail, nor have to stop someone cutting sugar-cane with a machete to ask for directions. I do think my photo-reportage was starting to get on Dana's nerves by the time we left, when, sitting in an almost empty airport at 9:30PM, I took it upon myself to photograph the Cuban propaganda ministry boy who was selling 'official' Che Guevara t-shirts, books, book-marks, postcards... he looked so forlorn, sitting there in the airport with a bunch of completely disinterested Canadian tourists. I think I made his day. Of course I didn't buy the oversized and overpriced glossy Che Guevara calendar he tried to sell me.</p>