Just curious

hjoseph7

<p>That's press photography so it has little to do with wedding photography as such. It's more like any other big international event. I think 650 photographers are covering it.</p>

<p>I have a photojournalism book (can't remember which one) but they describe how the Prince Charles and Lady Diana wedding in the 80's was covered. It was a substantial undertaking already at that time. 750 million viewers on TV as well.</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>True, journalistically there are around 650 photographers covering the various public aspects of the wedding, but there is only one official wedding photographer, with access to Westminster Abbey and the following events.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That's what I meant to be honest, although on reflection maybe not what the OP meant. If you were the official photographer, I wonder what you'd be doing and what it would be like... There's only 2 billion people watching, you wouldn't want to trip over on something...</p>

<p>Well I thought I could hear a fairly regular shutter noise during the exchange of vows, but couldn't see where the photographer was in any of the wide tv shots... either hidden well (I guess it would be planned like that) or I was imagining it.</p>

<p><em>there is only one official wedding photographer, with access to Westminster Abbey and the following events.</em></p>

<p>Hmm. Hugo Burnard made the official formal portraits but his blog doesn't say anything about who covered the wedding in the Abbey. There were multiple TV cameras obviously so I would have thought there would also have been multiple photographers. I don't see the possibility of one person moving around a lot during the ceremony.</p>

<p>Here are some images of the event:</p>

<p>http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishmonarchy/</p>

<p>As you can see, many camera angles were used even in the Abbey.</p>