Psychology behind street photography...

anatole

<p>Jim - I think some people do like to be photographed. But with the most interesting characters, they can take offense, or at least it will make them uncomfortable. When shooting in a developing country such as Bolivia, there are also two other considerations: first, there may be some superstition involved, and second, people dislike being photographed because they think you´re capturing them as subjects of poverty.<br>

I´m afraid I´m going to have to disappoint you Ralph - I went up a second time to try and find the blockades; but since they´re illegal, they are deliberately positioned to make life difficult while avoiding riot police. However, they are a common occurrence in Bolivia, so I´m sure I´ll be able to capture something in the future.<br>

In the meantime, I did a bit more street photography, certainly more ´conspicuously´this time (photographing individual people). Unfortunately it will be a while before I can show them to you all - I only have an 8-reel development tank with me, and would prefer to do everything in one go...</p>

<p>Anatole said:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I´m afraid I´m going to have to disappoint you Ralph - I went up a second time to try and find the blockades; but since they´re illegal, they are deliberately positioned to make life difficult while avoiding riot police. However, they are a common occurrence in Bolivia, so I´m sure I´ll be able to capture something in the future.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Looking forward to it! You have a great eye!</p>

<p>Took me a week to get these out of the cell phone. Both were taken with permission - and enthusiasm by the subjects. The corset was on an attendee of the Leather Fetish convention at our hotel in SF last week. No shy folks there....</p><div>00YcLD-351229584.jpg.fb0c910fb9ff43edd70b105ec4172573.jpg</div>