Mobile Marketing / QR Codes?

<p>Hi Everyone:</p>

<p>We're considering including mobile marketing (text campaigns to participants who "opt in") and QR codes. I'm not the target demographic (37 years old, HATE text messages, and I own a decidedly "dumb" phone) but I DO see the utility of this marketing media. We've been approached by a local MI company, www.mobilemotto.com.</p>

<p>I would say about half of our target demographic (moms 30-45 of high-net-worth household) texts. We don't do a lot of seniors but we do work in fashion / editorial with a lot of younger models.</p>

<p>The bottom line questions are these: do you use mobile marketing? Have you seen direct ROI? Who have you used? How much did it cost?</p>

<p>Thanks so much in advance :)</p>

<p>Karen Lippowiths</p>

Kinda like asking if its wise to make an app . . . depends, but YES, NO, MAYBE. For ME, I'd say without a doubt

qr codes are the way to go. Bottom line, qr codes are global, USA is behind the times, they work, they

are a great investment if done correctly and if you market and are not considering using them you're

missing the boat . . . Get on it now and in one, to two years they will be on everything . . . I pay for my qr

code service because i want tracking, high quality codes at sizes up to 20, or more, i want to be able to

switch the link without having to make a new code, kinda like a coupon for life that offers different options

whenever i change my redirect on the code. Goggle qr code creator and you'll find a few to choose from,

if youre using them commercially you need to be careful as the free qr code generators on the web are

not for commercial use . . .

BTW, ROI and all that when it comes to this kind of thing is not really that effective since qr codes are so new to us here in the states and people are just learning about them and so on, you wont really be able to know how well they work until YOU have your own for a while, just do it, it's about as cheep an investment as it gets for what you might get in return, it's not even worth a cost benefit . . . unless you have a million products to label . . .

<p>I think they are a great concept, but I bet 90% of Americans have no idea what they are for.<br>

If you have an iPhone or Android, you can scan the codes in a magazine to get linked to a website, but sending random text ads may be seen as "spamming", unless you have a compelling offer for the user. Is the company guaranteeing access to your target demographic?<br>

Maybe if you live in Silicon Valley or NYC, people may get it.<br>

This is a relatively new area, would be interesting to see how it works, keep us posted if you try it!</p>

<p>At the moment they are hot, hi-tech and interesting to many.<br>

My crystal ball tells me in this fast moving tech world, they are a fad, soon to be replaced by who knows what. But for the time being, why not use them? They are easy to generate, easy to propagate and require minimal investment.<br>

When they burn out, hit delete and move on to the next marketing gimmick.</p>

<p>Calculating a ROI asks for a time frame.<br>

Radio for example is easy to figure the ROI.<br>

With this technology, I don't see a way to do it yet w/o some bench marks.</p>

<p>Personally, I prefer to use tried and true marketing methods that worked as well now as they did in the 70's. ;)<br>

People don't change, only the technology does.</p>

not a fad, will be around for awhile, is fun and exciting, is cheap and if youre not doing it youre missing

out on a huge opportunity to reach your market . . . imagine your business card with a qr code on it, mine

have them. .. it's a living link to what ever i want it to say. I dont need to put a ton of words on my card,

the business world, B2B have smart phones, they scan my card, bam, info, discounts, showing's, my

public speaking engagements, my website, and i can change it any time i want. . . when people walk

into my gallery and see a qr code on the desk, they come over and read it - it's cheap, simple, fun and if

youre not eating it, youre on the menu . . .

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=298076">Tony Bynum</a>,<br>

First of all love allot of your photos!</p>

<p>You have intrigued me with these qr codes.<br>

I understand what they are... and I get that you put them on your cards and use them in your gallery but I have three questions.<br>

1: How do you change them when you already have them printed on your cards? I thought that once created they are what they are, am I wrong?<br>

2: How else do you use them besides updating your info and showings etc.?<br>

3: What program/site etc. do you use to create yours?</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the info.</p>

Micah, thanks for the compliments on my photography - much appreciated!

We cant post links here, but i can point you to the site i use . . . I think you need to do some more

reading on the subject, there's lots out there to ready. But more than that, i think it's an evolving tool.

Play with it, be creative, I think that's the best business advise I can offer no matter what the subject in

todays world of photography and marketing! He who is not eating, is on the menu. . . It's like the stock

market, if you wait for the stock to rise, you miss the growth and eventually lose money . . .

Good luck, i'll bet before long you'll be back here telling us what new and innovative way's you have come

up with to use them! Cheers.

www dot qrstuff dot com