Is it fun to make your own prints....?

<p><strong>Craig Sherman</strong>, I just printed those five to send to contests. And all five won or were selected, so I have no print of any of my works (well I really have them printed in the books edited on those contests).<br>

Anyway, I've decided to go the way <strong>Craig Jenkins</strong> has pointed out. I will buy a little quality printer, to get in touch with the feeling, and if I think it's worthy I will send the file to a professional printer.<br>

Thanks a lot to everyone. You have helped me a lot!</p>

<p>UPDATE!</p>

<p>After providing all that thoughtful drivel above I am now going back upon my own advice. I just struck a bargain with a couple local galleries that want "local photos by a local photographer" at an 'impulse-purchase' price to sell to tourists this season. The only way I can pull this off and still make a buck is to print my own. So last night I ordered the ColorMunki Photo for color profiling and a Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 Mark II photo printer (and a metric tonne of supplies).</p>

<p>Now I realize how much this turn of events has changed my perspective in relation to the original question and so wanted to post a follow-up. I do not have the hardware yet, however, I sense printing my own photos for sale will be a lot more fun than just printing them on my own dollar to share with the cats!</p>