NYC- One Street at a Time!

<p>I've finished my "Killer Kudzu" special project (shot with classic slr and B&W) and finally had a chance to get busy with my "NYC- One Street at a Time" long-term project.<br>

I started with Fordham Road in the Bronx.. and found that Zenfolio had the kind of interface I wanted.<br>

Enjoy:<br>

<a href="http://digitalandfilm.zenfolio.com/">http://digitalandfilm.zenfolio.com/</a></p>

<p> </p>

<p>Bob, I really like the 'milk mustache' (moloko plus?) and the cop in front of the aquarium...just excellent! I encourage you to take another look at the project and edit with a scalpel rather than a butcher knife, I think there are a few duds mixed in that should be removed. Other than that, it's good work.</p>

<p>Normally, the two arts would not work for me in conjunction but I rather liked your presentation. I think the pictures are a mixed bunch. Some i found to be rather superb and felt a few to be letting down the best efforts.</p>

<p>Nice shots Bob. I was born and grew up in <em>Da </em>Bronx. It's nice to see street photos combined with music. My friends and I used to head up to the Grand Concourse and eat in Jann's Ice Cream parlor off Fordham. Shopped in Alexanders, long gone. I joined the USAF at the recruiting station that's still there on the Fordham overpass over the Concourse. My ex-brother-in-law went to Fordham University and you got to stop in Little Italy in the Bronx off Fordham on Arthur Avenue to get some Italian food. Of course I used to go to the Bronx Zoo and Botanical Gardens and hung out in Pelham Parkway further east. Although I lived in Queens for a long time, I get a chance to go through that area once in a while during business. It's always nice tramping on old turf. Thanks for the memories. Alan</p>

<p>I'm glad it brought you back, Alan!<br>

My editing and better exposure (especially with the classic B&W slr's) will be a work in progress.<br>

If I open a photo in Lightroom and see that they are underexposed by .3, is this the same as adjusting the exposure compensation on the camera .3 as well. Will the readouts be similiar?<br>

E. Short,<br>

Yes- that shot of the girl with the milk moustache (my daughter) is a play on the Kubrick move "A Clockwork Orange"<br>

Jeff<br>

Beautiful tones and perfect B&W. What camera set-up did you use?</p>

<p> </p>