Chicago area camera stores

<p>Hi, I am going to be in the Chicago area for almost a week and would like to find out which camera store(s) I should visit. I am from Charleston, S.C and the only camera store locally is Ritz. I looked up info on google, but would like to hear from fellow Photo.net members. I am interested in stores that have both new and used equipment. Thanks.</p>

<p>Central Camera is a like a step back in time. They have more 'stuff' stacked in boxes in the aisleway that most stores have in their backroom.</p>

<p>The Calumet store Goose Island is hard to find. There is parking, but if you are coming from a hotel in the Loop, you may not want to drive. I suppose you could walk, but Goose Island is a bit of a hike. Be sure to check the hours before going - the one time I tried to go there I found that the store was closed (on a Saturday).</p>

<p>Depends on what you are after and where.</p>

<p>For outright buying gear, I always head to Calumet. If I am walking around downtown, there is one near Columbia College, I think. That might be Central. It has tons of used gear and is just overfilled with stuff. Really depends on what you are after in a camera store.</p>