Filters

simon_t1

<p>I've been nicely satisfied with Cokin filters too, but there's surely no great optical advantage in avoiding Cokin filter <em>holders. A</em>s Harry suggests, they should work fine, if you can buy them for less than the high-priced spread charges. You do need to check out vignetting for any holder on these ultrawide lenses. Z-Pro is listed by Cokin as being for 20mm and up lenses, so 17mm might be shaving it, perhaps literally, to make it work.</p>

<p>Otherwise, you need to go to 130mm filters and the X-Pro holder ( http://www.cokin.com/ico15-A.html )</p>

<p>I use Lee holders. They are extremely well-constructed, easily adjustable, and wide enough not to cause vignetting problems with most lenses. The adapter rings come in standard and wide-angle varieties. Lots of filters and options are available, and they are an industry standard for both still and moving picture photography. I don't walk out the door without at least one Lee holder in my bag.</p>

<p>Thanks to everyone's suggestions. They are very helpfull.<br>

<strong>Dan</strong><br>

Lee seems to have more than one holder, there is the foundation kit and an upgrade kit and more, this is what is confusing me, even the adapter rings as you have mentioned. This is why I do not know which is the ideal for my kit mentioned above.</p>

<p>Z-Pro holders seem to be out of stock.</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>You just need to re-assemble it slightly as it vignettes a small amount at 16mm if you leave it capable of holding 3 filters. The re-assembly is quite easy</p>

</blockquote>

<p><strong>Philip</strong><br />Do you mean reduce the number of slots.</p>