Can Rolleiflex 2.8f coupled Selenium cell light meter be repaired?

chuan_wang

<p>Hi all:<br>

I just got a Rolleiflex 2.8f typeI TLR, found the coupled Gossen meter needle is not accurate for both incident and reflected light, even the zero point has been adjusted, I think it is due to the selenium cell is decayed, but I do want to repair it 'cos it is more convenient for a street shooting, anyone has any idea for it? Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>QLM has no website, just a phone number and an address.<br>

Phone: 323-467-2265<br>

7060 Hollywood Blvd Ste 415<br />Hollywood, CA 90068<br>

Call before you send it in, to double check the address and get an estimate. You can do searches here and on the web; he is the standard for light meter repair and calibration, including 'obsolete' meters such as selenium/Weston meters, and quick too. <br /></p>

<p>Quality Light Metric does a great job - Iʻve sent my Metrastar to them twice. They even had some spare parts lying around.<br>

Hereʻs the Rollei repair guy Iʻve been using:<br>

Harry Fleenor<br>

Oceanside Camera Repair<br>

909 Aviation Blvd. #4<br />Manhattan Beach CA 90266<br>

(310) 374-6506; hfleenor@beachnet.gen.ca.us; harry@rolleirepairs.com<br>

Things are getting sketchy with these old cameras, so I hope he is still in business. He does a great job on shutters, but Iʻve never had the meter worked on.</p>

<p>When I had QLM repair my Weston Master V in 2007 their address was 7095 Hollywood Blvd., #550 Los Angeles, CA 90028. IIRC they had recently moved there from another location on the same street. Still, a phone call would be a good idea. Their number was (is?) (323) 467-2265.<br /> <br /></p>

<p>Brian,</p>

<p>Thanks for the help. At the moment I am not intending to send in a repair. I am maintaining a Rolleiflex information page on the web and am working on a text for light-meter repair. I have emphasised that the address needs to be checked and that the phone number is correct. Thanks to all of you.</p>

<p>Ferdi.</p>

<p>Ferdi,<br>

Krikor Maralian at Krimar Photo Shop will also repair a meter in a TLR. He just did a CLA or mine, found the meter to be about 1.5 steps off. The added cost would have been about $200, so I declined. Phone is 201 796-0554, in Elmwood Park, NJ. He does have a web site.</p>