Domain name words (photo or no photo)

edo_t

<p>so i am having major dilemma, it is rather smallish i suppose but i do not know whether to put the word "photo" or "photography" in my website name. I don't know if it makes it to annoying to type up or what not. I see most famous professionals do not use photo or photography in their domain names. It is normally "myname.com" boom, thats it. I guess it is personal choice right- i persoanlly dont like the look of other words other than my name on the domain name.</p>

<p>So what I want is opinions. I'm buying a new domain tomorrow for my site. I have one now but the domain is not my name. At this point I feel that I require my name be on the domain name so I can increase and maintain nmy brand.!</p>

should i just buy both domains? and point them at the same location? Yeah i feel you on the SEO thing, hm, i'll be thinking this over for the next few weeks. But i feel that keeping "photography' out of the name increases the brand equity of, well, myself!

<p>That is what I did, Edo. I bought both Photo and Photography with mine. But either one will be fine.<br>

Gary, the first and last name is great, especially if you have an easy to spell and remember name.<br>

My last name has several ways it could be spelled. If you have a business card to hand out, great. I do a lot of band and live gig photos, I wanted something easy to remember. I spent about three days of putting in combinations of words with photo and photography till I found one available that would not cost me $2000 to buy. Many good ones are already bought up and not being used but are for sale, especially dot coms.</p>

<p>I finally got lucky and found one that was pretty good for rock band photography and was available with both photo and photography and at a few dollars a year for the name and 60 bucks for a pretty good web hosting service per site per year, it was a no brainer and the cost of doing business. You can also pay 25 to have the one forward people to other site so no matter how it is typed it ends up at the same place.</p>

<p>There are a lot of web hosting services out there and all kinds of pricing. It is all how much money you are comfortable spending. If it's for business it is a write off. Best of luck.</p>

Cheers, Mark

<p>I thought about the diverse function that the website could serve so I stayed away from using Photo, Photos, Photography etc....in case I ever wanted to post something a little different on my site such as a video, graphic art, sketch, digital compilations etc. You want to also try to keep it short. Another word to think about using is "Imagery"....then combine that with your name maybe. Nothing is wrong...just personal preference really.</p>

<p>Greg<br>

<a href="http://www.OwenImages.com">www.OwenImages.com</a></p>