Need software advice

leah_canny

<p>I am having a very hard time finding software to display my photos on my website. I just want to display them, not sell them, in a way that doesn't reduce their quality requires some effort to copy them.<br>

I tried Jalbum about a year ago and don't remember exactly what the issues were with it, but it was very frustrating to learn and use. So then I tried A4 Desk Flash Photo Gallery. It's easy to use, but reduces the quality of my pictures so badly it's embarrassing to even have it up on my website.<br>

I'm using the pictures to get exposure, no pun intended, for my business and get my name out there. I am happy to pay for good software! But I'm finding that I don't know how good it is until I buy it and I don't want to keep wasting money.<br>

I have a National event coming up this weekend that I was really excited to shoot, but with rain in the forecast and no good way to display my work........ my excitement is dwindling. <br>

Does anyone have any recommendations? My photo files are large and would like the ability to be able to display lots of them.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I am very happy with zenfolio.com. You don't have to turn on their selling features. A lot of their webpages and text fields claim to be optimized for search engines. I put large jpegs up there all the time, no problem. Zenfolio support is also awesome including weekends and evenings. <br>

That said others will have their favorites sites too. Unfortunately, unless you just decide to try one and go with it, there's a lot of work to do in figuring out which one is best. <br>

In truth, they are all probably pretty close at least feature wise. I bet support varies widely. <br>

You could also consider doing your own blog with WordPress. If you do that there are templates (see http://www.prophotoblogs.com) you can purchase that make the WordPress software particularly suited for photographers. I did that on my personal site (winterway.com) and like it. </p>

<p>You could just not worry about someone snagging a small 72dpi jpeg off of your website. You could put a copyright watermark on all of your images. You could use a javascript to disable right-clicking on the website so to prevent the "easy" download of images.</p>

<p>By going with FLASH you prevent people with iPads and iPhones from viewing your site.</p>

<p>There is a way around everything it seems. If you have a flash website system that loads the images then a person could just go into their web browser cache within their computer to grab the photos, same if right click was disabled. At 72dpi....if you disabled all access to the images, I could still get them....it is called print screen then crop in Photo Shop. Very simple.</p>

<p>You should probably make a reasonable effort to protect your work but at the end of the day if someone wants an image that you posted online....they can get it.</p>

<p>Good luck,</p>

<p>Greg<br>

<a href="http://www.OwenImages.com">www.OwenImages.com</a></p>