Signature on prints for exhibition

riz

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>Should there be any signature on the prints for exhibition? If so then where? Front bottom or on the back of the frame. And what signature consists of? Only name or some other info also?</p>

<p>Regards,</p>

<p>Riz</p>

<p>My approach for exhibition is to add a text layer that prints the year, title and my name in the margin which is covered by the mat. Depending on the show, I'll put the same information on the mat just below the opening.</p>

<p>I have had several shows and I always make sure that my name is somwhere that can be seen by a viewer. Personally I find it terribly frustrating to view good work of someone who remains anonomous because their signature is not visible. I was at an Eagles -Giants football game in philly last fall. On the ground floor of the stadium were about 40 or 50 16x 20 prints of street photography that were excellent and that I didn't recognize. The work was unsigned and nobody working there could tell me whose work it was. On the second floor was the work of Ray Metzker and Micheal Penn. Those 2 names should tell you something about the quailty of the work. Sign either the print or the mat so that your signature can be seen. ALWAYS</p>