Filters on both lenses on a Rolleiflex 2.8

apostolos_tournas

<p>There is a Korean company advertising on ebay a UV filter with lower profile made to fit on the viewing lens and allow other filters or shade on the taking lens. I got one sent to me by a Korean friend and have it permanently installed on the viewing lens of my FX. I love it and it looks great though I don't think it is anything other than clear glass. <br /> Dennis<br>

You don't need a Korean friend. They do international shipping.</p>

<p>I have 2 different lens shades, one an older style metal shade and one a newish rubber shade. When I put the filter on my FX, the old shade fit on over it just fine.. a bit tight, but the newer lens shade would not quite fit over it. I took a fine file and filed down one edge on the filter just a bit and now it fits fine and the lens shade covers the file marks. It wasn't difficult. D</p>

• 2 years later...

<p>Please bear with my posting - I am repeating the same experience about mounting two filters at the same time - one on each lens. However, I would like to add some particular details, and request for experiences or opinions from more experienced users.<br>

I have two Heliopan UV filters Bayonet III/2.8, and my intention is to mount BOTH filters (mainly for protection purposes) - one on each of the taking and viewing lenses. In addition, I also would like to use the lens cap (an original Rolleiflex lens cap) also. I have a 2.8 F Planar. <br>

The first Heliopan UV filter mounted on the taking lens smoothly (mate the lips on the filter with the slots on the viewing lens flange, turn clockwise gently, and mounting is completed). Then, I wanted to mount the second Heliopan UV filter on the viewing lens, and find that there is not enough clearance from/with the first filter. From the postings here, I now realize that the system is not designed to take the combination (two filters). I can also write (have not tried it out) that the lens cap would not mount properly with one filter because of the depth difference. PN: I have a old genuine Rolleiflex filter (has Rollei - B -11 and a Gothic R on the rim), and KEH listed/sold it as Bayonet III. I tried to mount this B-11 filter on the viewing lens with the first filter already mounted on the taking lens. Same experience: no clearance (without using force or crushing).<br>

Please, I would like to ask question(s) and request user feedback. Would it be possible to file the second Heliopan UV filter, and build in (or rather, file out) the required clearance (assuming this achieves the objective: would need to know where exactly to file, how much to file, etc.). Has this been tried without damaging the filter frame and glass? I also read about the filters from Korea that will enable two filters to be used. Does the Korea filter mount on the viewing lens and have clearance from/with the Heliopan UV filter on the taking lens? Thank you all for the patience, and will appreciate any feedback.<br>

Best regards.<br>

Roy Ramavarapu, 10 Apr 2013</p>