Where the Nikon plant in Sendai Japan is located relative to the coast and airport

ellis_vener_photography

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>The nuclear powerplant in Fukushima is preparing for releasing the steam out of the casing of reactor core to reduce the increasing internal pressure. The steam will get through several filters to remove radioactive ingredient, according to the report.</p>

<p>The central area of Kesennuma city is on big fire.</p>

<p>Take care Rene and Akira. I am glad to learn that the Nikon plant and employees appear to be ok so far, although a lot of people were not so fortunate.</p>

<p>Over here in California, there has been tsunami warning since very early in the morning, and the police closed the beach areas along costal towns. Unfortunately, there are reports that some individuals ignored the warning and went to the coast to take pictures of the tsunami, and some got swept away. But that is nothing like the devestation in Japan.</p>

<p>Thanks for your concern, Shun. Sorry to hear about the victims across the ocean.</p>

<p>The morning sun is illustrating devastating situation of Tohoku district.</p>

<p>One of major concerns is the nuclear power plant in Fukushima. It is reported that the amount of radiation in the control room of the plant #1 is 1000x (one thousand, no typo) more than normal. They are trying to release the increasing inner pressure of the housing of the reactor core, but, ironically enough, find difficulty in getting necessary electrisity power for that operation.</p>

<p>Hello!<br>

Nice to know that fellow Photo.netters in Japan are doing fine.Would like to share their agony in this moment of distress.I am sure the Japanese are better equipped and prepared to deal with this disaster than we were in India where thousands of people living along the coast died in a tsunami that struck us a few years back.I wish all of Japan the very best in their effort to come out stronger and better out of this ordeal.</p>

<p>Rene and Akira, I hope that you and your families and friends are okay. The video they're showing here is just shocking, and I know that we're looking at cities as large as the ones I'm familiar with on the east coast, but I still can't form the mental image of what it's like there today.</p>

<p>I'd like to give my love and support to the people of Japan. Akira, Rene, Japan is one of the countries I most love in this world. I have been there about a dozen times. There is no country on this earth that can create such peace and serenity in a crowded situation. After a day's busy hustle in Tokyo, I so much cherish relaxing in an Izakaya. Amazingly, these Izakaya's, although small, are incredibly calm.<br>

For all the beautiful things Japan has brought this world -- the world's best cameras, incredible innovations in consumer electronics, detail and focus in engineering of all sorts, great bicycle parts, beautiful gardens that are immaculately groomed but celebrate the natural world, beautiful art and ceramics, and a gentle, considerate, and fabulous people -- we should all give the people of Japan our love, hopes and prayers in this terrible time for them... and than the Japanese people for all their great contributions to humanity.</p>

<p>Thank you for all your concern, folks! I and my family in Tokyo experienced no personal or property damages. It seems the damages by tsunami is much more serious than that by the earthquake...</p>

<p>I really appreciate that we received offers of help from over 50 countries. The Korean rescue dog team has just arrived.</p>

<p>My biggest concern is the nuclear power plant in Fukushima prefecture, the southern district of Tohoku. It is just reported that they detected cesium, which suggests the reactor core is in trouble...</p>

<p>More later.</p>

<p>Thank you, everybody, for all of your concern. Rescue corps are comming from different parts of the world, Korea, Indonesia, Germany, France, Switzerland, etc., and U.S. has sent its one of aircraft carriers, which is more than encouraging!</p>

<p>While I'm concerned about the affected people and victims, the reactors in Fukushima have been my major concern now. In addition to the reactor #1, #3 is in trouble. I'm aware this situation has also been reported throughout the world.</p>

<p>Thank you so much for all your kind and warm wishes..... Here is where it gets scary..... I got a phone call at 3 am in the morning. Right now I am on the way to Sendai with some British News Broadcasters. My camera was the first I packed. I am a bit afraid but that won't stop me. <br>

So guys, wish me luck..... See you soon!</p>

<p>I am not sure my post can mean any thing with this great disaster. The photographs are horrifying to say the least, I watch the photos and it brings tears to my eyes as there surely must be people in some of those houses and automobiles that were consumed by the water. I just pray that the worst is over and there is not a nuclear danger for the people of Japan.<br>

What little I have I am giving what I can to help, that really is the only thing most of the world can do, is open there wallets to help with the rescue and rebuilding of a great country.<br>

I believe we the USA have one aircraft carrier there and one more on the way. What is needed most right now is water and food and heat for the sirvivors. <br>

I pray for God to give strengh to those left helplessly trapped and a speedy rescue.<br>

This is one time in my life where I am left speachless.<br>

Dennis</p>

<p>Take care, Rene'!</p>

<p>I've just learned that Sendai Nikon (DSLRs), Miyagi Nikon Precision (semiconductors, LCD devices), Tochigi Nikon (lenses), Tochigi Nikon Precision (semiconductors, LCD devices, projection lenses) as well as their allied factories are all damaged and currently out of operation. The news says they don't know when they will be back in the business (only in Japanese):<br>

<a href="http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20110314_432809.html">http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20110314_432809.html</a></p>

<p>Too bad.</p>