Visiting card

riz

<p>Hi, I want to print my visiting cards for photography. Can anyone suggests some samples.</p>

<p>Also please let me know is "<em>Photographer/Artist</em>" a right title because when one does something in Photoshop it falls into the artist categroy.</p>

<p>Thank you in anticipation.</p>

<p>Regards,</p>

<p>Riz</p>

<p>It depends on how you're going to use them. I'd suggest your name in larger type, a label describing your area of expertise beneath it, both centered, then the contact information you want to include. Address, phone number, email, perhaps the web address of your portfolio or personal promotion site. (Do you really want the people getting your card to know where you live?)<br>

"Artist" is a little vague, and I'd suggest something like "Photography and Image Editing" to bring in your Photoshop credit. You could use "Fine Portraits" or "Landscapes," I suppose, but if you're trying to market yourself you might prefer "Fashion," "Catalog Shots," "Real Estate Photography," "Web Images," or the like. With this sort of description you're telling people how they can use you to make money.</p>

<p>An internet search of the term "free business cards" will net several different services that provide such items. Vistaprint.com is probably the one doing it longest, I've gotten cards from them in the past. A couple hundred cards, designed to my liking including my graphic/photo, and a few dollars for shipping and you are set to go.</p>

<p>Your name should be the largest font size, and all font sizes should be easy to see. Do not use difficult to read fonts and do not use difficult to see colors. (I have never understood for-profit businesses and their use of font styles that are nearly impossible to comprehend in their advertising methods. Goes to show the wrong person designed their stuff.) Provide the couple most reliable forms of contact information you use. On mine (hobby only, really just to give away my photo blog address) I have my email address and blog address, no other personal contact information. But I don't give away my cards for people to call me, and they can always use the email address. Don't clutter the card with too much information, it simply won't be read and kept. Keep it neat, clean, and classy, and you'll have a better chance of being taken seriously. If using a photo, keep it simple, because a "busy" or rather technical photo may not look good when viewed at about 1.5 x 1.5 inches on a business card.</p>

<p>http://us.moo.com/ is another one you should look at, everything from mini business cards to post card size and more, completely customizable.</p>