PS CS3 and LR3...what windows OS are compatible

<p>Hello everyone. I use PS CS 3 and LR 3 on my HP desktop and laptop, both of which runs Windows XP. I'm going to be replacing my laptop in the immediate future, and I want to verify that my current versions of LR and PS will work correctly with the OS on the new laptop. I haven't selected a new model yet, but it appears that almost all new laptops have windows 7 installed, but there are at least a few different versions. WHich verions of Windows 7 will be compatible? </p>

<p>No offense, but due to the potential cost of getting wrong information in response to this question (i.e. having to replace programs), I would REALLY like to see an answer that references something from the adobe website or some other VERY credible source, although I'm also interested in hearing about personal experiences.</p>

<p>I've tried to wade through the adobe website, and call customer service, both to no avail.</p>

<p>just my .02<br>

While I understand your desire to garner acurate information and that miss information could be costly.<br>

I would rephrase the post if it were mine<br>

removing the part specificaly asking for refrences It just read poorly like you are tired of looking for your own solutions and wish for others to do it and pass on their findings<br>

Please dont take this the wrong way Im not saying that is your intention.<br>

It is just the impression I got a first blush</p>

<p> I would have the origianl question and left it be , Then sorted through all the suggestions given to separate the opinion from the fact.</p>

<p>Please accept this in the spirt in which it is typed<br>

I hope you get your answers<br>

heres my opinion<br>

I would imagine that an older version of PS and light room would run fine on a newer more powerfull os<br>

I have never had issues with any older programe running on a newer machine<br>

only the reverse running newer programes on older less powerful machines , has caused problems for me<br>

GOOD LUCK</p>

<p> </p>