selling portraits online

<p>I am starting to look for someone to upload my images from High volume family portraits for online sales. My problem is I don't see any that let the customer crop and center the way they want it., and very few who show the crop difference between a 5x7 and 8x10 proportion.<br>

Because this is high volume (low profit per sitting) the 30% or there abouts that PhotoReflect gets is out of the question (I think) I have been doing this work for 30 years and suddenly raising prices to cover another 30% in costs won't sit well.<br>

Am I just not seeing where to go to do cropping etc? Suggestions? advice!</p>

<p>Thank You, I have never gone all the way to checkout. How do you let clients know this? I would think when they are looking at their images they may disregard some because they don't like the cropping centering etc.<br>

Sorry if this is really newbie stuff but if I didn't realize it, I would think many of my clients wouldn't either.</p>

<p>Well, until they decide what size they want the image printed at, I don't think cropping/centering would come into play. Once they do decide the size they want, they will already be in the shopping cart area, and will get the reminder that they need to confirm the cropping/centering before placing the order. I'm not certain but I think it's pretty standard for online photo sites to allow customers to crop/center before ordering.</p>

<p>SmugMug has two labs, EZ Prints and Bay Photo. The latter is more pricy but better quality. I got stunning prints from Bay Photo when I hosted with SmugMug. Zenfolio's lab is Mpix, and Business Premium users have the option to use Mpix Pro, which is really the same lab but offers more products and doesn't do color-correction.</p>

<p>Thank you all for the responses. I see I have not gone far enough in the sample galleries to find the crop feature. It seems I have also been going about this backwards as I thought they would FTP to a lab. Now I am finding most partner with labs. When they offer self fulfillment it adds more work. I need to see if my lab partners with anyone then see if their software does what I need. Should have talked to them first... DUH!</p>