Anyone here never used film?

Sanford

<p>I have never shot film but hope to start in about three months. That is when my father's 1952 Rolleiflex K4A comes back serviced by Harry Fleenor. I found I liked the square format when cropping my digital images. I was never satisfied with issues related to digital, so I am happily moving to film both in color and black and white. When I retrieved the camera from storage I also found four boxes of 1953 Kodachrome slide from when he was in the Air Force. They are not faded and will be printed soon so I can look them over. He died 26 years ago and now I will learn and use the camera he learned on.</p>

<p>I am interested in other 120 cameras and may be shooting with those too, just for the fun of it. No matter how good or bad the images turn out. I am looking forward to the new view through the camera.</p>

<p>CHEERS...Mathew</p>

<p>I have been shooting film for 42 yrs. I will stay with it as long as I shoot, however I have a DSLR also. I like new and old stuff. It's all useful. I probably love playing my vinyl as much as anything I suppose. I am spinning one right now and my wife and kids are enjoying it. But I have an ipod and CD's and modern stuff. Back to I like old and new stuff as it's all useful. I had a record player in my car back in 65 but I do not think car record players are around anymore. I cannot remember the last time I saw one. Some of the kids back in the day had album players in there car but I went with a 45 player. They did work very well for those of you that are wondering about it. In 1965 I paid usually about $0.25 a gallon for gas and a 45 record was a dollar. We used to have gas wars and you could get gas for $0.19 or about. Everybody loved Gas Wars back then. Now a gas war means you bomb a Muslim country.</p>

<p>It is not only an age thing. I am old enough to have had enthusiastic photographer class mates in the seventies, but I did not want to touch cameras myself. I was happy to help them find subjects, but the whole process was too bulky for me, developing films and actually storing the physical films and photos somewhere after the photos were taken. I did quite a lot of travelling, but I had the idea that it was more important to spend time experiencing the travel than to record it on film. I made one exception during a sixth month tour in Africa, when I actually carried a camera, but once the pictures were developed after the trip I never touched it again.<br>

I did not get into photography for real until the end of the nineties when Konica started selling their Q-M100, which I was happy with at the time.</p>

<p>It is ironic that there are all kinds of free cameras and equipment available but the supplies to use them are so costly. I suppose some people will want to try using old cameras just for the fun of it for a while longer. It is rather like learning to work with clay or other crafts. It takes a lot of time and experience to love doing it and I don't expect many will. </p><div>00YEOK-333201684.jpg.713681edd53e673e1fc7d2d91e3bf2db.jpg</div>

<p>No, I am to old to make that claim. I was using a Canon 35mm film since the 1970's. I may have had a plastic kids 35mm camera in the 60's but memory of it is foggy. I wasn't allowed to play with my dad's old Brownie. You know it is still in his drawer with film in it from the 1950's. I wonder if it could be developed after 60 years.</p>
Cheers, Mark

<p>I didn't start using digital until October of 2008. It was all just for a hobby at the time, but I used a film camera since I graduated from high school in '94. I did buy a crappy sony cybershot back when they first came out, I'm talking 1.3MP which was utter crap. Hardly ever used it, so I don't count it. I stuck with my film cameras instead.</p>

<p>Then I finally bought a decent 7MP digital point and shoot in 2008 for a good price. Haven't used film since then, except to burn off the rolls I still had lying around. Now I don't even own a film camera anymore, fully digital.</p>

<p>But, I do remember shooting on film. I was even working at a one-hour photo lab for a while, developing and printing said film.</p>