1D mark ii N or 1DS an Upgrade from T1i

simon_sutcliffe

<p>I am starting to shoot more and more landscape photos, I can get one used for right around 900$ Do you think that the image quality is better. I normally shoot in more wet conditions. I am thinking the 1.3 sensor will be better for wide angles. I can also get a 1DS for the same price which might be better because full frame. I am primarily considering the 1DS right now.</p>

<p>Simon,<br>

I work for a daily newspaper, and I shoot with a 1D Mk II all day long. It is designed more for journalism and sports shooting, as demonstrated by the 8-frames-per-second motordrive. On the other hand, the 1Ds is designed for maximum pixel density and is full-frame. It is NOT intended for fast action, as it shoots at only 3-frames-per-second. For the use you described, the 1Ds is the appropriate choice.<br>

Steven</p>

<p>Looks like you are pretty set on the 1 series. <br /> Another option for FF at the price point is the Original 5D. If you want the size and vertical grip of the 1DS you can always put on the battery grip, but if you want the weather sealing, the 1 series is really the only way to go.</p>

<p>To quote a post I read on another forum in reference to a 1DS vs 5D:</p>

<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" width="100%" bgcolor="#696969">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td align="left" valign="top">

<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" width="100%" bgcolor="#C0C0C0">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td align="left" valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffff">I am currently shooting two 5Ds - one with grip and one without. The smaller form factor, more MPs, better ISO performance, and just better image quality makes the 5D a winner in every respect.</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p><a name="2"> </a></p>