Konica C35 Lens Hood Questions

timwitt

<p>Someone please tell me the diameter of the widest part of the hood and the depth of the hood so I can find a substitute.</p>

<p>I'm sure you already know, the C35 is a manual focus rangefinder with trap needle automatic exposure, no microprocessor or circuit board. It will operate without a battery at f2.8 and 1/30 sec. The C35 has been discussed here multiple times. <br />The original lens hood for the C35 is a 46mm rubber screw on hood.</p>

<p>This is the same information requested in a recent post of mine but that was for an Olympus 35RD. I want to shoot a roll in this C35 while John Hermanson has my 35RD for service.</p>

<p>Hmmm. Mine has a smooth bore cap that is supposed (!) to grip the outside of the lens barrel. Unless, of course, mine was a replacement for the original that was lost. It's the lens cap that came with mine, 40 years after the original purchase, of course.</p>

<p>Mine is a C35 Auto, so possibly the caps are different?</p>

<p>Lens hood- a round tube like device, attached to the front of a lens to help prevent stray light from outside the field of view from causing flare or loss of contrast in the photo, also called a lens shade.</p>

<p>C35 is the predecessor of the C35 Automatic, difference is the Automatic has the Flashmatic flash exposure control system.<br>

John, I did wonder about the lens cap style because I don't have a proper cap.</p>

<p>Charles, I have the C35 Automatic but all models with the 38mm f2.8 lens and 46mm threads probably use the same hood.<br>

A standard 46mm rubber hood would probably work but may need to be trimmed a bit to prevent vignetting. I don't want to shoot a test roll just to see, that's why I seeking measurements, maximum diameter and depth. I'm starting a roll of Neopan Acros 100 right now.</p>